3

Hey guys so this is the third chapter. sorry it took so long to write but hopefully my updates will come much sooner. i have to explain that Kris, Rose and Brooke are all starting their first year of university but they are not unfamiliar to the university because they have been doing a pre-degree course  at the university so they aren't exactly new compared to the new students who are starting their first year straight from sixth form high school:) i hope that makes sense. if it still doesn't just say so in the comment section and i'll try and answer your questions specifically.

Kris' POV

I can hear the sound of a broom, it's as if someone is sweeping through the very strands of my own hair. Does that even make sense? I slowly open my eyes and I am extremely grateful my blinds are shut and no light is entering my room. I realise the noise is coming from outside my room and I excruciatingly make my way to the door, to find dear old Sylvia sweeping the corridor.

"Seriously?" I ask. She raises an eyebrow to me and I am instantly chastened.

"Well couldn't you have at least started downstairs?" I ask. Faking a sweet smile.

"I did," she replies, getting back to her sweeping.

I glance at the clock on my bedroom wall and it's already noon.

"What! Why didn't you wake me up," I groan as I move to the balcony. The house looks spotless from up here.

"I thought you needed the rest," she simply says.

I feel like rolling my eyes but thank her instead. Sylvia is probably twice my age. During the day she is here and she leaves in the evening every day. I have known her my whole life, and if I'm to be honest, I owe her my freedom. But more of that later.

I hurry over to the shower, taking time to wash my hair. I agreed to meet up with the girls at two o'clock at Brooke's house. Obviously to discuss last night's happenings. On that note, what did happen last night? I dry my hair and head to my bedroom, trying to figure out what I'm going to wear. On my bed is the wig I was wearing last night. Rose gold. I laugh to myself. Rose gold? I love the colour but in my hair? No thank you. I think it would look much much much better on either Brooke or Rose. I did look decent in it though. Suddenly I remember...him. The reason I was so mad earlier on after midnight. Good news? I did get my kiss but I'm clearly going to lose this bet as the stupid idiot did not ask for my number or even bother telling me his name. Not that I would actually want to ever meet him after his rudeness last night but if there was a chance to see him I would, I don't want to lose the bet. Oh well.

I decide to wear a pair of jeans and a simple black t-shirt. I have such clothes for when I go to Brooke's house. Her mom always used to look at me in a strange way and at first I thought she had a problem with me being black but Brooke told me it was my dressing that made her mom feel uncomfortable. So ever since then I started dressing more appropriately at their house and now I'm basically a part of their family.

"I'm going over to Brooke's house," I say to Sylvia, popping my head through the kitchen door.

"Okay thank you for letting me know. Be sure to be back in time to get ready for the dinner."

"What dinner?" I ask her.

"The one with your step-mom and Dave." She states.

"Oh, I'm not going to attend that," I say as I turn around.

"It was worth a try," she chuckles to herself.

I don't think it's funny so I just grab my keys and head out. I don't understand why Ruby, my father's wife, is in town. Or why she would even invite me for dinner. It almost pisses me off but four years ago, I swore I wouldn't waste any emotions on those people, so back to my day.

Today I'm wearing a curly black wig. I plan on getting a weave sewn in before I start school because it is easier to maintain compared to wearing a wig every day. Don't ask about a natural hair. I've never been patient enough to take care of my natural hair. It is a tough struggle and most times it's plaited. Today it's in a bun. I literally just tied it up, curls and all without really drying it out because once it's all dry it becomes my worst night mare. One of these days I'm going to tame it and relax it.

"Do you think Kris met anyone," I hear Brooke ask through her partly open door. I let myself in. there is no one downstairs and I'm guessing her parents are out in the back.

"I don't know. She seemed really annoyed after midnight I think maybe she didn't," Rose says back.

I decide to let my presence known and walk into the room. I barely knock. Like never actually. I don't know why I don't I guess it's just a habit. Bad or good is relative.

"I did meet someone." I state as I half fall, half sit on Brooke's bed. They are both in their PJs. "Did you guys have a sleepover," I ask narrowing my eyes slightly. They have a tendency of not inviting me to their sleepovers and even though I don't always want to sleep over, I can't say it wouldn't be nice to actually get invited.

Rose laughs. It almost sounds...fake? Before I can think any further Brooke speaks.

"My brother came over at your house shortly after midnight. I don't think you'd remember. Rose just decided to sleep over here since a lot of people were already staying at your house. Now tell us. Who did you meet?"

"Well," I say, wondering if I should make up someone just so I can win this stupid game.

They both look questioningly at me. "I did get my new year's eve but I don't exactly know the name of the guy," I blurt out.

They both stare at me for half a second then burst out laughing. "What do you mean you don't know their name? Did he even take your number?" Rose asks.

"No," I say irritably. "Can we just forget it? I lost so that's that."

"Well we already have a winner so I guess we should just wait now for beginning of the semester so we can do assignments," Brooke says faking sadness.

"Who won?" I ask although I already have a good idea by the way Rose is smirking as she waves her phone at Brooke and me.

"If you flunk don't blame me," I say with a laugh although I know very well she will not flunk if I do her assignments.

"It's actually a good thing she won, don't you think?" Brooke says to me.

I nod.

"We both know she wasn't going to do any of our assignments good," I say to her.

Rose just rolls her eyes and laughs. "I'm good at some things, come on!"

"When do you plan on doing your hair Kris," Rose asks gesturing to my hairs bad state.

"Hopefully, the day after tomorrow," I say to her.

"School starts in six days," Brooke states excitedly.

"So who's the guy?" I ask Rose. "Is he hot at least?"

She looks at me with a 'duh' expression. I roll my eyes at her.

"Let's go and get lunch," I say to the girls. They both hurry to change while I check my phone for any messages. There is one voice mail and as soon as I recognize the voice I hang up and block the number.

"Who was that," Brooke asks as she brushes her hair.

"No one important," I mutter as I get up from her burgundy bed cover.