Demi Charmed: Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine: Missing

DAMON POV

“I SWEAR, IF ANYTHING HAD HAPPENED TO HER I’LL—“ Damon screeched at the table full of witches. He and all of the Halliwells, except for Chris, were at the kitchen table, screaming at each other while pouring cereal and coffee.

He had stayed up and waited for Demi to come, but she never did. He knew she was working late on her project, but she didn’t come back. Period. She wasn’t in the house at all. Neither was that little punk she was working with. Damon accidentally fell asleep waiting for her, but when he woke up, he was still alone. Her bed was un-slept in. Nothing in the room had moved. Damon did not feel good about this.

First of all, his little sister was staying with complete strangers. How was he supposed to be okay with this? How did he or Demi know that they could trust these people? How did Damon not know that these Halliwells didn’t chop his baby sister up into little pieces and stuff her into the walls…or that delicious meal Piper had made last night.

The thought that Damon might have eaten his sister for dinner made him feel sick.

“Calm down, okay! I don’t know where my son is. Sure, I’d be freaked out too if one of my sisters was missing, but I don’t know where my SON is!” Piper yelled back at Damon.

“Would there be some sort of place he could have taken her?” Damon tried to level his voice.

“Why would you think my son had anything to do with this? Chris is a good boy, he wouldn’t stay out with a girl all night! He’s…16…oh…” Leo started to defend his son, but then stopped.

“What do you mean ‘oh’?” His wife looked at him. “Chris is a good boy! He wouldn’t do something like that! He wouldn’t take off in the middle of the night without saying anything. Especially with a girl!”

“He is a teenager,” Damon shrugged. “Can you think of anyplace he could have taken Demi?”

Before Piper could keep arguing, Wyatt nodded and disappeared in a swirl of white lights. That freaked Damon out. Sure, he had seen a White-Lighter before, but it was still odd. What was weirder was the noise “orbing” makes. It sounds like little bells.

Damon sighed. “Demi is smarter than to run off with a boy. We’ve talked about this kind of stuff. She doesn’t want to be like our mom and start having kids at a young age.”

“He’s right,” Leo said. “Why are we so quick to blame each other when we both trust the kids? We all know that they are responsible. Let’s stop fighting and start thinking of where they could be.”

“Or who took them,” A sleepy Melinda grumbled as she walked into the kitchen in her pajamas. “Did they say some demons got away the other day?”

“What?” Damon stood up from his seat. “What demons?”

Melinda shrugged and helped herself to some healthy grain cereal. “I don’t know. They don’t let me help fight demons yet. I just hear them talk about it. That’s all. See, I’m like the fly on the wall of the Halliwell household. I see all and I hear all,” The young girl said cryptically.

Damon eyed the weird teenage girl. He was so glad Demi was normal.

“That’s right,” Piper’s face filled with worry. “Two escaped when your sister pulled a cockroach,” She said to Damon and slightly grinned at that memory. However, Damon had no idea what she was referring to.

“But they said they were lower-level,” Piper added. “Lower-levels can’t kidnap two young and powerful witches.”

“They can if they’re working for someone else,” Damon shook his head angrily. “An upper-level can hirer lowers to do some dirty work.”

Suddenly Wyatt orbed back into the dining room.

“They’re not at the bridge. That’s the only special place we have.” He reported.

“Wait,” Piper looked up at her son. “Since when do you guys take girls up there?”

“We don’t!” Wyatt blushed. “I mean, well, I showed it to Demi—“

“Because you wanted to impress her, but it looks like Chris got jealous and took her someplace better to try and beat you,” Damon sighed. “How pathetic.”

“No!” Wyatt protested. “Chris isn’t like that. Plus, Demi and I are just friends.”

“Forget his theory,” Piper said. “What kind of demons attacked you the other day? Remember the two that you said got away?”

Wyatt thought for a minute. “I can’t remember,” He said. “We’ve taken care of several demons this week.”

“Let’s take a peek at the Book of Shadows to see if a picture can jog your memory,” Leo suggested.

Piper, Leo, and Wyatt were in the attic for an hour looking through the Book of Shadows. Damon just sat on one of the couches they had stored up there. Piper and Leo let Wyatt be tardy for school so he could help them identify the demon. Melinda had already caught the bus and was long gone.

“I know it had horns,” Wyatt shrugged.

“Oh gee,” Damon said sarcastically. “A demon with horns? That really narrows it down!”

Piper sent Damon a dangerous look, that made him shut up. He knew better than to piss a powerful witch off. When he broke up with one witch a few years ago, she had turned him into a pig for 24 hours. It was disgusting and now Damon can never eat ham and feel okay with it.

“That’s it!” Wyatt shouted.

Damon jumped up from the couch. “What is it?” He asked them, not going towards the book. He was inching closer to vial cabinet, ready to grab a potion and run to get his sister back.

“It’s just a low-level, they don’t even need spells or potions the vanquish them!” Leo exclaimed.

“They’re called Chain Demons,” Piper answered Damon’s question. “Damon you need to go get something of Demi’s so I can scry for her,” The Charmed One commanded.

Piper walked over to a map and pulled out a crystal on a chain. She hovered the crystal above the map and started spinning it in small circles around the map.

Damon ran down stairs and to Demi’s room on the second floor. He rifled through her things. What should he grab? What is scrying? Damon eventually ended up taking a green shirt of Demi’s that he knew she liked. After making his way back to the attic he handed his findings to Piper.

Piper held the shirt in the same hand as the chain for the crystal. “Her energy from the shirt will help guide the crystal to show us her location,” She explained.

Damon still didn’t understand and he doubted this technique. He began to really doubt, and really worry, when Demi could not be found in the San Francisco area. They switched maps and brought out one of the U.S. She couldn’t be found there either. Next they brought out a world atlas. The crystal spun and spun in circles until if finally landed with a clunk on England.

“Why would they take her to England?” Damon shouted.

Piper shrugged and handed the shirt back to Damon. Now she scryed for Chris, her son, and the crystal again landed on England.

“Wait, what if this isn’t a kidnapping at all?” Wyatt spoke up. “They were working on a history project, so what if they went to a museum in the area?”

The adults thought about that for a moment before all getting angry.

“Why would Chris not even leave a note?” Piper asked.

“Demi knows better than that! It is a school night!”

“But they may have gotten confused with the time change,” Wyatt defended his brother and Damon’s sister.

“I don’t care! I’m getting her back and we are leaving; you people aren’t responsible enough to take on another person in this household,” Damon sneered. “Now someone give me a spell to go to England!”

Wyatt touched Damon’s shoulder and his mom’s and orbed them to England.