Demi Charmed: Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven: Who wants what?

Chris's POV

Chris was sitting at the kitchen table in the Halliwell manor and piled with King Arthur sources. What was so frustrating was that most of them said the same thing about the great king. This was why Chris had written that spell. What better source for a project than interviewing the king himself? Only, everything went haywire when he magically appeared in a meeting of the Knights of the Round Table and they threw him in the dungeon.

Luckily, Demi had been there to bust him out. Chris still wasn’t sure how she had known, but she had found him. Demi seemed to always be around lately. Chris wasn’t even sure what the situation with her was. His mom and dad had told him and his siblings that Demi would be staying with them for a little while, only if they were comfortable with it.

What did “a little while” mean? Today was her ninth or tenth day here. Would she be here for months? Would she stay years? Chris sometimes enjoyed her being around. She comes in handy when you’re stuck in a dungeon and when you and your brother are battling demons. It was fun watching the King Arthur marathon, even though they hardly watched it.

But Wyatt has already taken Demi out on two dates.

Chris shoved a stack of paper off the table in anger.

“Are you okay?” Chris’s mother Piper asked as she was walking past the dining room.

“Yeah,” Chris picked up the papers. “Just a little stressed. This project is due tomorrow and I don’t know where Demi is,” Chris said.

“Didn’t she and Wyatt go out for ice cream?” Piper asked as she helped Chris pick up his scattered pages.

“Yeah,” Chris grumbled.

“Whoa,” Piper playfully poked her son. “Do I detect jealousy? ‘Cause I won’t deal with that in this house.”

“Piper,” Chris’s Aunt Phoebe walked into the room and made herself comfortable at the table. She got out her laptop and started working. “Don’t you remember how we decided who got Leo?”

“What?” Chris laughed. “Aunt Phoebe, you liked my dad?”

Phoebe nodded. “Piper and I sort of competed for him.”

“Not the point, Phoebe,” Piper sighed. “I’m saying that I don’t want my kids to feel like a girl can come between them.”

“How did you guys compete?” Chris asked, acting like every teenage boy in the world and ignoring his mother.

“It was totally up to Leo,” Phoebe laughed for a second. “We would flirt outrageously, but I knew I didn’t stand a chance between him and Piper,”

“Phoebe,” Piper said through her teeth. “It’s not the point I’m trying to make.”

Phoebe sighed. “I’m sorry Chris, don’t listen to me.”

Chris nodded, but he wasn’t really listening anymore. Chris had a plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Demi's POV again

Demi punched Damon’s shoulder. “What’s wrong with you?”

“I’m just saying,” Damon shrugged. “Some people should just not wear shorts,” He said, referencing to the morbidly obese woman near them in short shorts. He had just been making fun of that woman a little loudly and Demi was afraid the woman would hear.