All Mine

My eyes fluttered open as I woke up and a smile lit up my face, I hoped up from my bed and I ran down stairs in my pajamas to excited to get dressed first.

My younger brother looked up from him cereal swallowing his food before saying "Happy birthday Talie!"

"Aww! Thanks! I'm glad you remembered!" I grinned then shot a look at my younger sister Morgan. She pryed her eyes away from her cell and looked at me.

 "Oh ya...happy birthday sis." She said in a bored tone then went back to her cell to read a text she had gotten.

"I'm finally 18, the birthday I've been waiting for, for the last 2 years and thats the best you can do?"

"Take what you can get princess." She spat, "Now leave me alone."

"She's been like that ever since her soulmate broke up with her for someone hotter and better than her."

"DANNY!" She shrieked.

"Oh please, she's been like this since she was 13." I smirked.

"Fair enough but more so now that lukey-poo dumped her sorry butt." Danny smiled mischeviously earning him a flick on the head from his twin.

"I never called him that." Morgan grumbled.

I burst out laughing, not even their stupid arguments and Morg's aweful attitude could bother me today. "I am sooo excited! I'm finally old enough to live on my own! I already bought my own house!"

Danny's face fell "I'm gonna miss you Tals."

"You can always visit as long as you don't start acting like her." I said flicking my thumb at Morgan.

Danny laughed "Deal, so when are you moving in?"

"Today." I said as I put a strawberry poptart in the toaster.

"WHAT!"

                                                                                      -

I got out of my car slamming the door behind me with my hip. I ran up to the front door of my house, It's all mine! No more fighting over the bathroom or Morgan's loud music, no more dad waking me up every night when he gets home at 1:00am, no more mom always getting in other people business. JUST ME!

"Ms. Simmons?" One of the moving guys asked hoping out of the moving truck.

"Call me Natalie." I answered warmly. I dug into my pocket and pulled out the key to the house. I unlocked the front door and walked in smiling at the emptiness.

"Please sign here." He said handing me a sheet of paper. I quickly signed then handed it back to him.

"Where do you want this?" Another man asked carrying the couch.

For the next 4 hours I re-arranged all of her things opening boxes and making a place for everything.

That night I was to tired to work on my story so I went to bed early and it was the best sleep I had every had.