Chapter 10

Demi's POV

I left Nick's hotel room and headed to mine. I don't even know why, but I couldn't stop smiling. Oh, who am I kidding? I do know why. This day can NOT get any better! First, Joe and I are friends again. I mean, at least we talked everything through and cleared things out between us. Now we know how each other felt.

Right now, I don't exactly know how I feel about Joe. For some reason, my feelings for him aren't as strong anymore. I'm not going to say that I don't still have some romantic feelings for him at all because I do. But they aren't nearly as strong as they were when tour first started. Sometimes when I look at him, I just want to wrap my arms around and him have him do the same and like, kiss him until I get enough of it. But also, I don't feel like crying and being miserable every time I'm around him anymore. I think this is the start of me finally getting over him completely. That's sure something that I should be smiling about, right?

Second, is it me or was Nick a little jealous that I hugged Joe earlier today? And if so, why am I loving that so much? I giggled just at the thought. He was jealous. It's obvious. And it's incredibly weird and not right at all, but I just love knowing that Nick is jealous of me. I think it's just plain adorable…Wait! What?!

That's when it hit me. Does that mean he has... feelings for me? I mean as more than a friend? I slapped myself mentally. Shut up, Demi, I told myself. Of course Nick doesn't like you as more than a friend. He's your best friend, and it's completely normal that your guy best friend is jealous of you with other guys. Nick was always protective of me, so yeah. I've been closer to him than Joe lately, and he's probably thinking now I'll get closer to Joe again and forget about him, so he's a little jealous. If only he knew, he wouldn't worry about that at all. Nick's always been my best friend, but in these last couple of months, Nick has earned a special place in my life, and in my heart, that will always be his. Nothing and no one can substitute what Nick represents for me. He's my heaven. He's the one I know I can always count on; who I am absolutely positive will always be there for me. I need him, and no one can take his place, not even Joe. Not anymore.

After a few hours, I had my fan meeting, and then I met the boys in the sound check. Nick was definitely not in the best mood today, and it was actually pretty funny. He was probably tired from looking so good this morning at GMA, so now the sound check and concert, he decided he didn't feel like dealing with his hair, so he just threw a headband on it, and it was looking surprisingly well. I don't think Nick can ever look bad, despite his best efforts, and by 'his best efforts,' I mean, for example, wearing those baggy pants he's been wearing on concerts. What. Is. Up. With. Those. Pants? I laughed to myself. Oh, Nick. Like I was saying, there's only one human being on this earth who would ever look good in those things, and that would be Nick Jonas. Another thing I could add in the list is that weird biker horse shirt he loves to wear, like, seriously, Nicholas, you are rich. Don't buy ugly shirts, okay? So yeah, those, among others, are what I call Nick's efforts to make himself look bad. But in the end, it's just pointless anyways because no matter what he does or how much he tries, he always looks pretty God damn good and hot… Why am I going on and on about how good Nick looks, again?

Anyways, this was one of the best sound checks so far. I cracked up watching the boys. It was hilarious. Some fans came on stage, and they performed bounce with Jordan and then Nick asked them to stay for musical chairs after their performance. It was the funniest thing ever. Joe was being his ridiculous self and making me crack up constantly.

It went great for me too. Jordan and Anna Maria were with me answering the questions, and someone asked me which Jonas I thought was the funniest. I said Nick. I mean, I don't know, Joe is super funny. I guess everyone was expecting me to say him, but Nick is just a different funny. Joe is a clown, like I've said before, he can make me laugh my butt off, but Nick is sarcastic and ironic, and he's just really funny, so.

---

I has just finished getting ready to go on stage, and I still had a few minutes left when I saw Nick trying to fix his headband in his dressing room.

I walked to him, "Need help?" I asked getting in.

He let out a frustrated sigh, "I can't get this thing right on my head. I've been trying for about half an hour! I give up!" He lightly shouted throwing the headband on the floor. I was about to speak, but he cut me before I could start. "And the worst thing is I don't have the choice to not wear it because I've been wearing it all day, and I didn't bother fixing my hair at all, so it's a mess. So, now I can either wear this or a hat or I might just shave my head and get over with it." He finished and sighed again, running his hands through his hair, trying to make it better. I wanted to laugh at his little attack, but I figured that would piss him off even more. I picked up the headband and walked to him in front of the mirror.

"Come here," I said. He didn't turn to me.

"Demi, I don't think you know how to deal with my messy hair better than I do."

I pulled him by his hand for him to face me, "Come here," I said and dragged him to his chair, sitting him down so I could reach his hair since he's taller than me. I started running my hands through his curls and combing them.

"Dems, this will only make it worse."

I rolled my eyes, "Shut up." He sighed and did as told. After I was done fixing his perfect, soft, brown curls I put the headband on it and tightly tied it behind his head. I examined it for a minute, and it was looking just the same as it was in sound check. "There, I’m done," I said and crossed my arms over my chest as he got up and looked in the mirror.

He turned back to me and smiled, "If you ever give up on being a singer, you already have a job as my hair stylist."

I didn't want to laugh, but how could I not? "Demi, 1 minute!" A guy said before quickly leaving.

I started walking out of his dressing room. "You're welcome," I said cockily.

Before I stepped out, I felt a pair of super strong and muscular arms around me, and I knew exactly who they belonged to. I instantly smiled. "Thanks," He whispered in my ear and pulled away so I could face him.

"Thanks. Wish me luck." He placed his hand behind my ear and stroked my cheek with his thumb.

"You don't need luck," He said and winked. My smile was as big as it would ever get, and I left when I heard someone shouting my name. Before I went out, I glanced back at Nick one more time and he was watching me "Rock it," He mouthed. I smiled and nodded. This was definitely about to be one of my best performances ever. And so it was.

---

This day was probably just as great as it could ever be even though it was long and busy. Man, a whole lot of things happened today: from GMA in NY to a baseball game in TC. From tour busses' beds to super comfortable, king sized hotel room beds. From hugging a sweaty, dirty Nick to hugging an extremely good smelling, showered Nick. From barely talking to Joe to being good friends with him again. From discussing Nick's clothing choices to fixing his headband. From watching Nick having a mini attack about his hair to so comfortably being in his arms before going out on stage. From answering questions at sound check to rocking it on the concert. Yup, definitely busy, but also great!

I sat on my bed while combing my hair. It's funny how among all the many things I did today, at least half of them have to do with hugging Nick, watching Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick. At absolutely all of those times I was with him, there wasn't a single one where I wasn't smiling and at my happiest.

Now, here I am, thinking about it... and smiling once again. I shrugged. I guess Nick makes me smile.

As soon as my head collided with the pillow, I found myself in a deep, and well deserved sleep, but I could still feel the smile that never left my face.