Chapter 8

"Dems? Demi, we're here," Nick called, and I snapped out of my thoughts.

Joe opened the door and got out of the car, and I followed, but before I could get out he slammed the door, probably putting all his strength into it. Good thing I didn't start getting out or I would've lost my legs. I turned to Nick's side, and he helped me get out. Are they really related?

"What the hell is wrong with Joe today?" I asked him while we were walking side by side.

"I don't know. He seemed fine this morning," he shrugged.

"Well, by the way he jumped out of the car as soon as we got here and slammed the door in my face, looks like he isn't so fine," I snapped.

"I'm sure it's nothing, Dems. Don't worry about it." Oh, I'm sure it is something, but I'll let it go for now.

"Yeah, whatever. Um, what time is that game of yours today?"

He knitted his eyebrows together, "2 p.m., why?"

"Well, I was thinking I could come and watch you guys, since I don't have anything better to do today," I said nonchalantly.

He stopped walking, "Whoa, didn't have anything better to do?" He paused, "Ouch," he said putting a hand on his chest acting like he was hurt.

I giggled. "You know what I mean. Come on," I said and pulled his hand for us to keep walking.

He chuckled, "Well, that's a great idea. You should definitely come," Nick said smiling.

"Alright, then I'll see you there. Are you driving?"

He put on a proud face, "Oh, yeah."

I laughed, "Can I get a ride?"

"Of course, meet me at 1:30." I nodded and smiled as I got into my buss as he left for his. Luckily now we're going to CT, so we'll be checking into hotels. Not that my buss is bad or anything, but I miss sleeping on real beds.

---

I smiled at him as he ran towards me with a triumph smile in his face after he and the guys had celebrated by jumping on each other's backs and manly hugging each other. "Congratulations, rockstar! Looks like the stage isn't the only thing you can rock, now is it?"

His smile widened. "Thanks, Dem," he said reaching for a hug. I stopped him putting both my hands in front of him, but not touching him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa there. I'm proud of you, and I totally think you deserve a hug for winning, but right now, you're dirty and sweaty, so." I shook my head in a 'No can do' way and stepped back.

"Oh, you don't want to hug me?" I nodded my head yes. "Because I'm sweaty" He stepped closer, and I stepped back. He kept walking closer to me, and I kept stepping back

"Nicholas, don't you dare," he said through gritted teeth.

He pouted, "Come on, just a wittle hug for Nicky?"

"After you shower, yes."

He pouted, "Pwease?"

I kept walking backwards as he walked closer to me until I hit the grid. "Nicholas!" He smirked and before I could see he was hugging me, and I could feel his sweat on me "EW! Nick, let go, you're disgusting!" I shouted trying to get out of his grip.

"You know you love me," he said and started rubbing his face on mine so I got all his sweat in my face, which also ruined my makeup.

Now, I couldn't help but laugh "NICK! STOP!" I said laughing really loud.

"Hug back," he commanded.

"No!" I said with my arms in each side of my body. He started rubbing his forehead against mine. "Oh my god, Nick, you sweat like a dog! Get off of me!" I shouted.

"Hug back." Whatever. I gave in and wrapped my arms around his waist, and I could feel his wet shirt. Ew. "That's my girl. Much better."

I laughed, "Okay, can you let me go now?"

"I don't know. I like hugging you."

"NICK!" I screamed, and he laughed as he let go of me. "Ugh, you're disgusting, and now, so am I. Look at me!" I said trying to fix my hair and make-up.

He grabbed my chin and made me look at him, "You look beautiful." We looked straight into each other’s eyes. I realized I was smiling like an idiot at what he just told me.

"Dude, get over here!" Ryan yelled, and he let go of my chin.

"I'll see you later," he said as he left. I just stood there. Lately, I haven't been feeling beautiful at all, and hearing Nick say this makes me feel so much better, hearing it from someone else's other than my mom's mouth really means a lot and to know that Nick thinks I'm beautiful makes me happier than what I can describe.