Chapter 5

Nick's POV

We've been on tour for about 2 weeks or so, and I'm having a great time. Although I loved going on tour with the Administration, and it was a completely different experience, it's good to be on stage with my brothers again and singing our Jonas Brothers songs. Also, it's been pretty awesome to have all our friends from Camp Rock with us jamming along to a few of the songs. It's one of my favorite parts of the concert actually. Right after Joe and Demi finish 'Wouldn't Change a Thing,' we have the Camp Fire and everyone comes on stage for us to sing 'This Is Our Song,' and it's amazing. Then we sing 'Heart and Soul,' and they leave. It's the only part of the concert that I get to be on stage with Demi, so I could definitely say it's my favorite. I love seeing her all smiley when all her friends come out. It makes me smile too.

This has been a hard time for Demi, I can tell. She's always smiling and laughing whenever she's in public, but I can see right through her. I know she's faking it all. Demi is a lot better than I thought she'd be, but still, I know she's not as okay as she seems to. We've been spending a lot of time together, and when it's just the two of us, she lets her walls come down. I'm the only one who sees how she truly feels. I've caught her crying sometimes, and she doesn't even bother trying to deny it. I know exactly why she's crying and how she feels. She doesn't need to say anything. I just hold her until she's okay, and it's been like this. It breaks my heart to see her like this. When I see her so fragile and hurt, I feel this huge urge and need to just... protect her and make her feel better. I don't know. It just kills me that she's suffering, and she can't even let it out. But, although it's been a hard time, whenever we're together, she always laughs and smiles genuinely. I love that I can make her truly smile, which again, causes me to smile. No matter how much I hate my smile, or how hard I try to hide it, whenever Demi is around, I just can't help myself.

Things between Joe and Demi seem fine, at least on stage. They seem to have a lot of fun and enjoy performing together, but lately Joe's been acting a little weird... like he's jealous or something. I mean, I know my brothers. He’s jealous. But, honestly, I couldn't care less. He dumped her and broke her heart. I'm just trying to fix the mess he made, and it's working. I can tell Demi is happy when we're together, and that's all that matters to me. So, don't expect me to change the way I am with her because of his no sense jealousy.

I snapped out of my thought when my phone vibrated and a smile instantly creeped on my face when I read it. "Meet me in my room in 5 – Demi." Exactly 5 minutes later, I was at her door

"Hey, You," she opened the door letting me in.

"What's up?"

"Well, right now the ceiling, but I called you here because I need your help."

I laughed at her lame joke, "What do you need?" I said sitting on the couch. She smiled and grabbed some papers that were on her night stand and lied beside me with her head on my lap.

"Ok, I'm writing a song, but I'm stuck."

I chuckled. "What makes you think I can help?"

"Ok, I know you're just trying to get a compliment out of me with that dumb question, so cut the crap and just help me with my song." She giggled and I couldn't help but smile at the amazing sound. I grabbed the paper out of her hands started reading.

"Shut up and love me, ‘cause you already got me. I don't need words, I need time in your arms,” I read. "Sounds good," I said looking at her.

She shrugged, "I’m inspired."

"Is it about Joe?" I blurted. She didn't say anything for a moment.

"I don't know," She said in a whisper tone a few moment later. What's that supposed to mean?

"You don't know?" I could see her sighing.

"No, I don't. I don't know if it's about Joe or not. I just felt like writing it."

I sighed too. "Well, it sure seems to be about him."

She stood up and looked at me, "Why? Why is everything I do always about Joe? God, my world doesn't revolve around him. I have other people I care about, and I could very well want to be in the arms of someone else," she said loudly, almost screaming, clearly upset at my previous comment. She jumped in her bed with her back turned on me.

I sighed again. I walked to her and sat beside her, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"Yes you did, Nick. No matter how hard I try, everyone thinks I'm still in love with him," she said still not looking at me.

"Well, are you?" I questioned.

She sat up and faced me, "I don't know! I don't know what I feel about him. I just know that this song isn't about him, okay?" I saw tears building up in her beautiful brown eyes.

"I believe you. Please, just don't be upset. This is a really good song, and it doesn't matter who it's about, okay? I'm sorry for bringing this up." She was looking down, and I lifted her chin with two fingers. I gave her a small smile. She nodded her head, and I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her closer to me. She rested her head and her hands in my chest, and we pulled away after a few minutes.

"Are you going to help me finish or not?" She grinned at me, and we started working on the song.

Demi's POV

Despite the little 'the song isn't about Joe' drama, the rest of our reunion was pretty good, and as always, I had the best time ever with Nick. We finished the song, and I love it. I hope it's album material... We'll see. Anyways, we wrote an amazing song, ordered room service, and just chilled. That's pretty much what we do. I feel like we're back in 2008, and it feels good. I seriously just don't know what I would do with Nick in this tour. I would have flipped already. Like, no doubt, I would have hanged myself or something. I just really need at least one person who I can be myself with here, someone who I don't have to hide how I'm feeling from. Someone who I don't have to fake a smile to if I don't want to, and most of all its good to have someone to just hold me whenever I'm feeling bad for any reason. I'm so grateful for everything he's doing for me. He's really proving that he's my best friend and that he'll always be there for me. Not that I didn't know that, but I never thought he would support me this much. When I'm with him, I just forget that Joe is broke my heart. I forget about all the pressure I live under. I forget about every single one of my problems, and just thinking that for a few moments of the day I can do that already comforts me.

Today was one of the best concerts so far. I had so much fun. It was really amazing. I was in a really good mood since I had my moment with Nick. It refreshed me. The crowd was especially amazing and loud and energetic today. Venue was beautiful and everything was awesome. But, the best part was while the boys were singing ‘Heart and Soul’ and well, I actually don't use to like that part so much, mostly because all I do is pretty much stand there awkwardly, but today, I had a very awesome surprise. Nick came to my rescue once again. He probably notices how left out I was, and he walked to me and started bouncing his head while rocking on his guitar as I did the same and cracked up at the faces and moves he was doing. We both just looked at each other, and I couldn't stop laughing, and before I knew it, Joe was already saying 'Give it up for Demi, Everybody,' and it was time for me to leave the stage, but before I did, Nick bowed down and clapped for me, which was absolutely the sweetest thing ever. In the end, Joe copied him. Just when I was about to leave, I saw Nick open his arms calling me for a hug, and I just had to. I walked back to him and he gave him a super warm, tight hug, and it honestly made my night. I watched the boys finish the concert, and I loved it. Now, my good mood was complete.