Chapter 1

Demi’s POV

It's seven a.m., and here I am; already all dressed up and ready to start a busy day. Tomorrow is our opening night. The first concert of the tour. This will be, without a doubt, the biggest tour any of us has ever been on. The boys, me, and the entire Camp Rock cast got a lot going on stage. I'm also pretty sure this tour will be the hardest.

Joe Jonas. Yes, that Joe Jonas. I haven't seen Joe as many times since the day when he walked into my house and ripped my heart out of my chest. No, I'm not over Joe, and I'm still in love with him, but there's no way in hell I'm going to let the whole world know that.

I was deep in thought and I realized I was already sitting in a chair beside Nick, Joe, and Kevin. Sure things between Joe and I have been friendly. It's not like we don't talk to each other now. It's just hard to have to pretend I'm ok all the time when actually all I want do is to sit and cry until I have nothing left in me.

The reporter started asking questions about the tour, solo projects, and we started the interview with things to flowing naturally, and to my surprise, it wasn't awkward at all. Joe was actually being his normal, dorky self, and talking to me a lot. Nick, on the other hand, was really giddy and making jokes at everything the reporter said, which isn't something he’s used to doing, and it actually pissed her off a little. I was cracking up at all his jokes and started doing some myself, causing him to crack up, too, along with Joe and Kevin. At least about 6 different reporters interviewed us, and of course, one of them brought up me going on tour with Joe and how we were handling it. By this time, we were all really confortable with each other, so I just answered with a joke.

"Um, Demi, I know you and Joe dated, so how's that gonna be for you?" the reporter asked. Prove how much of a good actress you are, Demi.

"Wait... We did? Did you know that?" I look at Joe, and we all burst out laughing. Then I just gave a little 'We’ve known each other for years, and we're still friends. It won't be awkward at all' speech that I had already memorized, since every single interview we had, they would ask the same question. Then Nick saved us by saying we're like the new Power Rangers. I literally laughed out loud. Best thing about Nick is that he is so random. We all laughed and started discussing who would wear the pink suit. After talking to all the reporters and the interviews were finally over, my stomach hurt from how much I laughed. This turned out a lot different from what I thought it would be, and I'm really glad about that. I went to my assigned dressing room and just rested there for a while. I started thinking about how Joe and I were getting along, and memories just started coming back. From the memories of our first kiss to our first confirmation of “Jemi.” It's amazing how my mood changed and at the thought of being with Joe like this and not being able to hug him and kiss him, and then again, wondering if he ever misses me like I miss him. A few moments later, Nick came in, and I probably had an 'I'm about to cry' look on my face.

As soon as he saw me, he just stopped for a second before pulling me into a tight hug, whispering in my ear, "It’s okay. It'll get better, Dem, I promise," he told me reassuringly, and I believe him. I mean, who better than Nick would know how I'm feeling. He went on tour with Miley twice. The first time they broke up during the tour, and the second, not even I know what was going on between those two, but anyways, that doesn't matter. I trust Nick with all of my heart. He just held me there. Comforting me until I just looked at him, and he knew I was already feeling better. The best part about mine and Nick's relationship is that words are always unnecessary for us. We know each other so well that all it takes is a look and sometimes only a facial expression, and we already know what's going through each others' minds. It's always been like that. Nick and I have this amazing connection. People were always focused on my relationship with Joe and everyone seemed to be in the whole “Jemi” bubble even before we started dating. Everyone was too blind to see how close Nick and I are. Sure Joe and I were extremly close. We were two giant dorks together, always having and making fun of everyone and everything. No doubt Joe was my best friend. He never failed to make me laugh, but let's face it, Joe is a clown. He never fails to make anyone laugh. He's one of the funniest people walking on this earth, and that's a fact. So, he was the one I would always goof around with, and definitely the one I'd always spend more time with whenever me and the boys were in public places basically because we were the most outgoing ones. Nick is quiet and shy, and Kevin is the oldest, the most serious one. So, there we were, Joe and Demi, the dorky, funny ones. What people don't know is that Nick was the one I'd call when I had just gotten my heart broken. He was the one who would drive all the way to my house and give me one of his amazing speeches that would, without a doubt, make me feel better. He was the one who'd tell me about his own heart break experiences and tell me that I'd eventually get over it. He was the one I'd always tell everything to. Even the secrets I didn't dare to tell anyone. He was that I'd spend hours and hours locked up in a studio writing songs with. He was the one who I wrote a song about my father leaving me with, a subject that I hadn't talked to anyone about, not even my own mother and sister. He was my best friend, my partner, my confidant. Not Joe. The way I feel about Nick is different. Nick was always the best friend, and Joe was always the potential crush, while Kevin was the protective big brother. I loved Joe, but not in the same way I love Nick. Same intensity, but a different way. I have a huge admiration for Nick. Words cannot describe how much I think he's amazing. How much I believe in him. He is one of the most talented musicians I have ever met and heard. He's so extremely intelligent and sarcastic, and I always loved that about him. Like I said before, I loved Joe but not like I love Nick. Just the same intensity of the love, but a completely different way.