4. Rockstar 101

Chapter 4

Knowing that David would come over and open my door for me, I stayed in the car and got my bag ready.  I could hear the people screaming as he got out and closed the door.  When he opened mine, he leaned down to look at me, a grin on his face like always. 

"Let's get this party started, huh?"

I smirked as I took his hand and he helped me out.  When everyone standing outside the club saw me, they started screaming and trying to get to me.  Thank goodness there were security guards there to keep them under control.

David tossed his keys to the valet as we walked past him and toward the front door of the club.  Music was already blasting from inside, but it wasn't as good as mine. 

When David and I got inside, we didn't head into the main club area like I thought we would have.  Instead we headed toward where the owner's office was. 

"What are we doing?" I asked. 

"We're a part of the birthday boy's grand entrance," he said as he reached for the doorknob. 

My stomach filled with butterflies as he opened the door.  I was walking in with Sam?  I thought I was just going to be playing, not be his arm candy when he was making his grand entrance!

When we stepped inside, the first three people I saw were Evan, who was the club owner, an older man who must have been Sam's dad since he looked like an older version of him, and then Sam himself.  My eyes skimmed over him.  He was wearing a black button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up, dark jeans, and his Nikes.  Tally, Ashleigh, Dimitri, and Aaron were standing behind him, talking.  But when the seven of them noticed that David and I had come in, their eyes widened. 

"Oh, my God!  You're really here!" Tally squealed as she ran over to me.  She stopped in front of me, bouncing up and down in her loose fitting tank top that showed her neon pink sports bra, leggings, and heels.  "I can't believe it!  When Sam texted you yesterday, we didn't think you'd be able to come..."

"Alright, Tally," Sam's dad said, walking up to us and laughing.  He looked at David first.  "Thanks for coming, David."

David nodded beside me.  "Thanks for inviting me, Scott," he said.  He looked over at me.  "And let me introduce you to my good friend, DJ Masque."

He looked over at me and reached out to shake my hand.  "It's nice to meet you," he said with a smile.  "I'm guessing you like to keep your real name to yourself."

"Well, just a few people know it," I said.  "I like to keep this life and my personal one separate.  It can get quite crazy."  I smiled.  "And it's nice to meet you, too."

He smiled again and turned to wave Sam forward.  "Let me introduce you to my son, Sam, the birthday boy," he said.

Sam stepped forward hesitantly, looking down at the floor.  It took him a second, but he finally looked up at me.  Well, it was time to go into my DJ Masque persona.  I gave him a flirty smile. 

"Well, hi there," I said.  "You're even cuter up close." 

I saw his friend snicker behind their hands and Sam's face turned pink. 

"Thanks," he said. 

"Well, I'm pretty sure you want to get to the party, right?" Scott asked.

"Right," I said, shifting my laptop bag on my shoulder.  I looked over at Evan.  "Hey, Evan, you want to go set up my laptop for me really quick so we can be ready by the time I get up there?"

He nodded, walking toward me.  "I've got it.  Set up's the same as it's been since you were last here."

"Got it," I said as he grabbed my bag.