11. DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love

Chapter 11

The week went by in a blur and before I knew it, it was Friday.  I'd been hanging out with Sam and his friends at school and after all week and was getting more and more comfortable with them.  You could say we were all friends now.

Well, maybe not me and Sam.  We were kind of becoming more than friends.  Everyone knew it, too.  Tally and Ashleigh would drop hints that we should have made it official soon.  But to their disappointment - and mine - that hadn't happened yet.

All of us only hung out Friday after school for a little while since all of us were going to Club Illuminate.  They just didn't know about me being there for work.  Only Sam did. 

So when I was heading to the elevator after saying goodbye to my grandma, I tightened my coat around me, concealing my little black dress, and tightened the hold on the strap of my bag.  Once it stopped at the ground floor, I stepped out and headed for the front door.

"Your car is waiting for you outside," Paul said as I walked toward the doors.

I smiled up at him.  "Thanks for calling one for me," I said.

Stepping out into the cool night air, I walked toward the waiting town car just as the driver got out to open the door.  I smiled at him as I slid into the backseat.

As we drove to the club, I made sure I had everything in my bag.  Just then, my phone vibrated.  It wasn't my DJ Masque phone either.  When I looked at the screen, I saw it was a text from Sam.

See you tonight?

I smiled.  Definitely, I sent back.

Just then, the car pulled up to the club entrance.  I had the drive stay in the front seat instead of letting me out.  Before I opened the car door, I tied the ribbon of my mask at the back of my head and grabbed my bag. 

The screams were automatic when I stepped out of the car.  People were lined up just to get in the door, only I knew that the club was probably already at maximum capacity.  I walked toward the velvet rope in front of the door and the bouncer automatically let me in with a smile. 

When I got inside, I went to Evan's office to put my stuff down and take off my coat.  I grabbed my Mac out of my bag and put my headphones around my neck. 

I walked toward the door that went to the back of the DJ booth and headed down the same hallway that changed everything with me and Sam.  I couldn't help but smile.

When I got out there, people were already dancing to the stuff that was playing.  After I plugged in my Mac, I turned on the mic. 

"Well, hello there, everyone!" I said.  They all began to cheer when they realized it was me talking.  "Let's get this party started, huh?"

They cheered again as I turned off the other music and started mine. 

I looked up just as the song - 'DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love' by Usher - came on and saw Sam looking down at me from the VIP balcony.  I smiled up at him.

I didn't take a break for the six hours I was up there.  I actually didn't want to.  I was feeding off of the crowds energy until my last song was over.

Once I had my Mac unplugged, I headed back to Evan's office where he was waiting for me.

He wasn't the only one there, though.

And thank goodness I hadn't taken my mask off yet.

At first, I thought only David and Cami were there also, but then I saw Sam, Tally, Ashleigh, Dimitri, and Aaron talking with them.  When I stepped in the room, they all went silent and looked at me.