Chapter 3: Rebel Out, There Are Problems Coming Our Way

No more than five months later, Alexander Whitlock had already taken a rather dark path. And yet, his intentions were nothing near bad. He had very well befriended Christopher Felloni, who decided to follow in Alexander's steps. Alexander Whitlock had now nicknamed himself Rage Lucker, let his hair grow and dyed it deep black. He constantly wore black clothing with several studs and got himself into playing the electric guitar, an ability he had gained quickly. Christopher formed a band and he sang along with Alexander. They looked nothing like the teenagers they used to be a few months back. Alexander and Christopher slowly gained territory previously lead by Michael Whitlock and his gang. Alana and the others from the accident never again spoke to them. Rose, Alexander's mother, would let him do most of what he wanted. She had lost her senses. Alexander used his new lifestyle to cope with the struggle of Michael's tragic death. He seemed cool and strong during the day, but would cry himself to sleep every other night. He would often take gulps of alcohol, but always rejected the idea of drugs. If he didn't sleep, or cry, he would be improvising with his guitar.

Back in the land of the guardians, Darcy discussed her ideas with Yaria, a high ranked golden monochrome guardian, who often thought the opposite of Louis. "I admire your ideology, Darcy. I'm sure Alexander Whitlock is lucky to have you as his guardian angel, and what happened five months ago will only have a good effect in both of you later on." Her bright golden eyes shined like the sun. They gave a sense of warmth to anyone who looked directly into them, making just about anyone to feel comfortable with her. "Thank you..." However, Darcy didn't always feel like that. She was powered by the moon, but Yaria by the sun. Yaria would often tell Darcy, "the moonlight is nothing more than a reflection of the sunlight in the night". While she recognized it was true, Darcy would often feel bothered by the thought of it. She saw Alexander's struggle every day, examining every move he took, thinking to herself what would her move be. She needed to find how to pull him out of it.

After a few un-eventful days, Raven, a blue, magenta, red and green hyperactive guardian seemed to have felt exhausted for the first time ever. This bothered the higher rank guardians, such behavior was not part of Raven's personality as an angel. No guardian was able to make Raven speak. "Raven is powered by the music of fun and partying humans have in their souls. She lives on with the music of emotion that the soul plays. But now, her song became dull, and this means something is wrong. " Rumors spread between the guardians, some even thinking that Raven was about to die. And then, one day, Darcy Moon approached her. "Raven, I doubt you'll answer me, but I know part of what you are feeling. I can sense how your song became dull. There is also something wrong in the nights. The moonlight became dim, and it's not my fault. Something is messing with our atmosphere. "

Raven's green eyes sparkled. "You can feel them too? They want to get through." Darcy gasped, taking a step back, "Who do you think they are?" Raven closed her eyes and laid back. "They are, I believe, the demons..." Darcy was shocked. The other guardians would think Raven has gone out of her senses and she would lose her regular guardian angel rank. Angels had known nothing about the demons for centuries. Back then, when they ruled the land of humans, the demons fought against angels. The angels won, thanks to the power of Angela, the angel of life, now a legend. That is when the guardian angels were born, and each assigned an individual or groups to protect. Now the human land belongs to the angels, and the demons were thought to be long gone, locked down in the lands of fire and agony.

"That's impossible." Darcy said after a minute of silence and thought. "It just can't be." Raven laughed, "It doesn't look like you don't believe me, Moon. We can both sense them. They're coming. They want chaos." Darcy decided not to talk, extended her silver wings and flew away. "The demons are coming." She whispered to herself. Another voice said, "The high guardians won't believe it. They have too much pride." Pixie Dust appeared right behind Darcy. Scared, Darcy stopped her pace, causing Pixie to crash against her. "Pixie! You are improving your stealth." Darcy said as she grabbed Pixie to stop her from falling. "No, Darcy, I was even yelling your name. You didn't seem to hear me. I got close enough to hear what you were saying." Darcy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Pixie, this goes beyond your knowledge as a guardian. The demons... they are more powerful than we think. I'm sure of that." Pixie nodded silently.

Alexander Whitlock and Christopher Felloni walked down the school's hallway during their free period. "Rage, did you hear about the new girl in town?" Chris said as she jokingly punched Alexander on the shoulder. "They say she's hot, hot, hot!" Both guys laughed. "Well, Chris, how much you bet I can make her fall on her knees?" Chris stopped walking and put his arm across Alexander's chest to stop him. "Dude."

Not too far from them stood a tall girl. She had long, curly black hair, a fit body dressed in black leather pants, studded boots and a plaid black top. On her pale face, black lipstick and eye shadow gave her a goth look. A pentagram necklace rested on her neck. Alexander and Chris stared in awe. "Oooh man!" Alexander walked towards her. The girl looked at him in the eyes. "Those are some beautiful blue eyes you've got there." She said while smiling. Alexander took five seconds to realize he was standing quiet with his mouth open. The girl's eyes were a dark bronze color; he thought them to be the most beautiful pair he'd ever seen.  There was something in them that had him paralyzed. He smiled back. "You are the most beautiful human being I have seen in my entire life." He said as he grabbed her hand and gently kissed the top of it, "You can call me Rage."

The girl blushed, "Rage?" she said in a soft, sensual voice. "I would love if you showed me around, Rage. You know, I'm new here." Alexander nodded, "sure can." The girl bit her lower lip and smiled. Behind them, Christopher Felloni saw as they walked away together. He felt jealously over how quick Alexander was able to get her attention. No girl had ever liked him that fast, but again, that girl was new and didn't know how things used to be back then. Christopher ought to not follow them and decided to go to the library. He had always loved to check out horror books, myths, and legends. Mythical creatures always awoke something inside of him. And even if he has never been in the presence of one, he believes in their existence. Alexander often thought of him as a little child indulging nighttime stories. That never changed his mind, as he was sure of what he believed in. Christopher grabbed a baby blue book called "The Unicorn's Horn" and sat down in that same library hallway. "Childish." A guy coughed as he walked by. Christopher didn't bother to look up to see who it had been. Instead, he opened the book to a random page and started reading. A few minutes later, Alexander and the girl walked up to him. "Uh, Chris, what are you doing?" Alexander asked embarrassed. "Please put that down." Christopher looked up at him, "Rage, I -" Alexander put a hand in front of him. "No, Chris, don't answer that. I understand you are too childish. Unicorn's horn? Please, don't come close to me if you are fascinated by such child story." The girl smiled, "You don't believe in mythical creatures, Rage?" Alexander laughed, "Deary, there is no such thing as unicorns, ogres, vampires, werewolves or any other of those shenanigans." The girl smiled maliciously, her dark bronze eyes shining in delight. Alexander noticed such beauty and could only stare at her in awe. "Your eyes are perfect." He said, and Christopher muttered an insult at him. "Are we having a staring contest now?" the girl said giggling. Alexander shook his head, "Let's go."

Christopher hid behind the book once again, but could not concentrate in its pages. "Little do you know, Alex. You call it senseless shenanigans but I am sure it's all real. Unicorns, fairies, ogres, vampires, werewolves, everything! I'll prove it to you." He remained unheard.

Down the hallway, the girl still walked along Alexander. "So tell me, Rage, do you also not believe in demons and angels?" she said as she stopped him by placing a hand on his chest. He looked down at her hand, then at her eyes. They shined with expectation; she was looking for a secure answer. He hesitated, unsure of what answer she wanted. "Of course I don't, deary. Demons and angels are all fictional." The girl's expression turned serious. "I believe in demons." She said, and Alexander felt like punching himself, then he looked at the pentagram necklace on the girl's neck.

"Well, I suppose those things are only real for those that believe in them. You get me?" he said nervously. The girl evaded anymore eye contact. "You never asked for my name, Rage." Alexander gasped, but the bell rang just before he could say anything else to her. "Gotta go now." She said and walked away.