IS THE FILIPINO LITERATURE DYING?

Have you seen phrases like Pak ganern, edi wow, or charot in the internet or in the social media? This phrases or slang words are made by our fellow brothers and sisters, Filipinos. The Philippine literature has grown thanks to the Spaniards that came to our land. They helped us to broaden our language and literature and thanks to them, here we are now. Our language now is much easier than the literature back then and hard to understand. The people nowadays use this slang words or phrases and it makes them feel relevant to the modern era. Because of this modernized words that makes deep words nonsense today and only used to an event like essay writing or for their selfish reasons, Results from the schools said that many Filipino students are failing the subject Filipino due to being foreign to these deep Tagalog words that they are not exposed to. According to Commission on Higher Education (CHED) that they will be removing that subject Filipino in college which caught people's attention because it is a part of our academic subject that should not be removed. Changing is not bad but forgetting where we came from is. Love our language, even if you are fluent in different in English or even Korean, It's still different when you are speaking with your own national dialect.