2.

"Ah! You know what I forgot to tell you?" I giggled, setting down the bag of chips that I had previously been eating non stop. "What?" Tam laughed, pausing Frozen the movie. 

"Lou Teasdale invited me to a photo shoot next week! She knows One Direction or something I think, I mean she was sitting with them. She must be great at hair and makeup, maybe I can have tips or what not." I said, gulping down some soda.

Tam froze and her eyes widened, she broke out in a huge grin and jumped up into the air, "Astrid! Do you know how amazing this is for you! You could make it big because of this! You could finally break into Fashion and Makeup because of this! Astriiiiiid!" Tam screamed at the top of her lungs, and jumped around, flailing her arms in the air.

I paused to think for a moment, Tam was right. This could be my time to shine, to show what I can do. I've spent so many years practicing my makeup, hair, modeling, all of it, and now I've been given the chance to show what I got. I can do what I've always dreamt of doing, and I can do it to my full potential because it's an actually photo shoot and not some friend who's photographing me.

I started smiling a stupid grin, and jumped up with Tamara. "I can't believe this! Tam this is amazing!" I shouted, jumping around with her. Tam stopped, and grabbed her laptop, pulling it over to us. She opened up the web cam and fixed the angle so it pointed to both of us, "Let's take photos before you become famous." She said, wrapping her arm around my shoulder and snapping photos on the laptop. 

"Tomorrow we're skipping school! We're going out and doing everything we want to do, we can spend as much as we want! I got so much extra money for my birthday!" Tam explained, pulling some money out from the box under her bed. Extra money? When does she not have 'extra' money? She's an absolute goof.

"I can't use your money, I'd feel terrible you know that. We can just go to the park, have a picnic, run around and act like fools." I told her, and she smiled and nodded her head in agreement. 

She knew that I wasn't here for the money, and I wasn't about to spend it. She knew that I've been here for her, always her. Over the years people have tried to be friends with her just for the money, but she always catches on. I don't understand why people are so obsessed with money. Spending time with Tam over the years has made me realize that money can not make you happy.

Of course it can make you financially stable, which is great, but it can't fill a hole in your heart. It can't be your friend. 

"We need to buy a camera though, no matter what! Mine broke a couple months ago, and we need photos tomorrow." Tam said, snapping me out of my thoughts and giving me her signature "I don't care what you say, we're doing it." look. 

I laughed, "Okay fine. Let's get a Polaroid, those are the best." I told her, and she aggressively nodded her head. "Yes! I've always wanted a Polaroid!" She said, nearly screamed. 

I giggled at how crazy excited she was sometimes. "Let's watch Frozen now, we're way too hyped up for 2 am." I laughed, closing her laptop and grabbing the popcorn. She set her laptop on the side table, and grabbed the remote and hit play.

I woke up, and I could smell the fresh scent of waffles and various sliced fruit coming from the kitchen. I also felt a cool breeze, which was explained when I rolled over and saw the open window. I rubbed my eyes, and used the head band around my wrist to tie my hair back.

I put my feet into my slippers, and stood up and headed to the kitchen. "Tam where are you?" I asked, turning the corner into the kitchen. "Oh." I smiled, "Welcome home Mrs.Perrin. Glad to see you." I said to Tam's mum, going over to her and hugging her.

Tam's mum was pretty much my mum too. Since my mum and dad died when I was younger, I've always looked up to Tam's mum and father as parents. Even though my Nan is a great parent as well.