Chap 21

He was hurt badly this time. I passed back and forth in front the room he was staying in. That bastard really did a real number on him. I wanted to call someone but didn’t know who would care. Richard and his Uncle Collin… yeah, they would come take care of him. I would do it but my life was just about as f*cked up at his was and he needed peace not more drama. I sighed and sat at the edge of the hospital bed and gazed down at him knowing my eyes were full of pain and pity for him.

 “We have to get you away from them” I whispered softly. Shaking my head I reached in my pocket and first dialed Richard but got his voicemail then tried Collin but the same thing.

“What the hell” I sighed agitated. I didn’t know anyone else who would care enough to look out for him.

Nothing was ever easy for this guy; he was always fighting; never getting a break. I just hoped the boy who he was smitten with was finally the something good in his life. I glanced over at the beeping machine monitoring his heart and the IV bag dripping liquid in his arm. I shivered.  With that thought I shot to my feet I grabbed the phone on the bedside table, flipped though all his contacts till I reached the name I wanted. Quickly I typed down a sentence and sent it hoping he got it and came fast.

The bastard won’t let him stay here for much longer and I don’t want to see him go back there.

~Wyatt~

Again the both of them were absent and it was almost the end of the week. Owen had yet to text me or talk to me at all since Saturday and I was beginning to get worried or mad, whichever way you looked at it. Did something happen to him?... Or did he just use me? I sat in my room glaring at my red walls as these bad thoughts filled my mind. Was that all he wanted, a roll in the sheets and he dumped me?

I had tried calling him but all my calls were sent to voicemail. I didn’t want to believe he was like one of those guys who hit it and quit it. All the sweet things he said to me, all those precious moments since we met, the ones I tried to ignore with a vengeance but he pushed me and pushed me till I could no longer hide my feelings for him and I gave into his charms and he does this to me?

He used me.

With a sharp cry of anger I threw my phone across the room denting the wall. Did he find someone new, like Derek? Well at least Derek stayed with me longer that a f*cking day!

“What is going on in here?” Eian barged into my room suddenly but I didn’t even glance up from my phone that lay across the room.

“Nothing, just leave” I snapped at him. He watched me in surprise.

“Whoa, what happened to you?” he asked sitting down beside me on the bed. I wanted to scream at him to leave; I just wanted to be left alone what was so hard for him to understand that.

“I don’t want to talk about it, especially to you” I barked rudely.

“Adam warned me about your mood swings.” I frowned and finally looked over at him.

“Excuse me?” he nodded.

“He says you become really mean and nasty when you’re in a foul mood’.” I just stared at him mildly offended before turning my head away, towards the window. When was he so buddy, buddy with Adam that they talk about me behind my back?

“Can you just go” I muttered. He sighed and the bed shifted as he stood.

“Alright, only because I’m not good with these kinds of things.” he said before leaving.

Pathetically I sat sulking as I stared out the window. I was tired of thinking about Owen and when he would call. I knew I shouldn’t have given in to him or my feelings for him. I should have pretended I didn’t care for his advances on me and stuck with being friends.