Chapter 10

Hotch laid on her bed while Emily laid on his chest. She wasn't talking a lot but clung to Aaron. They had to give her medications to rid the fetus from Emily's body and it hurt her even more. She would be discharged the next day. She decided that she would continue to work for the Hotchner's. They were really happy to have her around still. Although, she still wasn't talking to them. Haley brought Jack by and knocked on the door which was still open. Hotch looked over and saw his wife holding his son. His eyes light up when he saw Emily but her eyes didn't even move from the TV. She moved into her pillow when Aaron started to get up. "Emmy!" The little boy exclaimed reaching for the nanny he missed so much. Haley set him on the ground and he climbed into the bed cuddling up to Emily's side. "I missed you, Emmy." She breaks her stare and looks down at the blonde child. For the first time she finally spoke, "I missed you too, Jack." She pulled him closer kissing his forehead. "No more baby in your tummy?" He asks quietly playing with her dark hair. Tears spilled down her face and the 2 parents just watched on sadly. "Yeah. No more baby in my tummy. The baby went to Heaven." Jack kissed her arm while continuing to cuddle Emily. Hotch sat down by their feet while Haley took the chair. "I sorry I mean to you." The little boy muttered quietly and it caused Emily to burst into tears. The thought of blaming the little boy for her miscarriage obviously came through her mind. Although, she couldn't blame him. They didn't know what caused her to lose her baby. She wasn't about to put the blame on this 3 year old little boy. "Emily comes home tomorrow. Are you excited?" Hotch asks grabbing at his sons sock covered foot. He nods and keeps hugging Emily tightly. The nurse comes in and informs them visiting hours end soon, and they could come back the next day when she gets discharged. Jack started to cry when Haley tried to lift him up off the bed. "Jack, Emily needs to go to sleep. We will see her in the morning." Hotch finally picks him up and handed him to Haley. He placed a chaste kiss to her cheek before they left. He turned to Emily and grabbed her hand. "We will see you tomorrow. Okay? We will be here first thing. You'll come back to the house and get settled in. Haley was called back to the hospital but I will stay with you the first few days to make sure you are okay." He placed a light kiss on Emily's forehead before starting towards the door. He stopped when he heard her clear her throat and start to speak. "Thank you, Aaron. For everything. You didn't need to do any of this. Just.. just thank you for being here." He gave her a smile before nodding. She smiled a true smile for the first time since she entered the hospital. "That's my job, Em." He left the room, leaving Emily to her thoughts. Of course she was still sad. She just lost her baby. She still needed to call Jackson, the baby's father. She told him she was pregnant only days ago, now she was calling to tell him his baby was dead.

HHEHHEHHEHHEHHEHHEHHEHHEHHEHHEHHEHHEHHEHHE

Emily was back at the house and the Hotchner's were back at work. She was playing on the floor with Jack when the doorbell rang. "Let's go see who is at our door, huh?" She scooped up the tired little boy and carried him to the front door. He giggled when she tripped on a toy. Emily opened the front door to find Jackson standing there holding a teddy bear. "Hi, Emilla." He says entering the house. She stands there shocked and Jack just stares at him. "No, Dats my Emmy." He throws his arms around his nanny protectively. "I was just bringing Emmy a stuffed animal for our baby." He hands her the little toy and she stands there in shock. He closed the door and Emily led them to the kitchen. Hotch and Haley made it clear it was her house too, and allowed her friends to stop by during the day if she would like. Normally she just devoted her days to Jack and her free weekends to school work. The little boy looked to the man appalled. "No! No more baby in Emmy's tummy. Daddy say no talk to Emmy about baby." The brunette's heart sank at the little boys revelation. She knew Haley and Aaron had to try to explain what happened to her baby to the little boy. But, he still didn't quite understand. She set him on the ground and asked him to go play toys before nap time. "You had an abortion?" He asks angrily. Emily was taken aback by the accusation. "No, Jackson. I didn't. I.. I miscarried." She had to look away when she told him because she was scared she would cry. "Why didn't you tell me?" She sits on a stool and tries to unscrew the lid to the green tea. Giving up when it wouldn't budge. "I tried, I wanted to, but... I just.. I wanted to be able to get over it before having to tell. I cry everyday." Emily explains quietly staring at the drink. He sits down on the stool next to her and puts his hand on her leg. She pulls it away and looks up at him. "I think you should go. Jack does down for a nap soon and Haley normally calls to see how I'm doing." She gets up wiping the tears about to slide down her face. The young woman walked towards the living room and picks up Jack from the floor. "Is that the dad?" He asks stopping and looking at the pictures hanging in the hallway to the front door. "Yeah. Aaron. That is Haley, his wife." Jack laid his head on her shoulder while she rocks him gently. "You close with them?" He continues to ask questions, even when the little boy starts snoring on her shoulder. "Aaron is so great. He is so sweet and has been so helpful to me. He also is really funny. We hang out sometimes after he gets home from cases. Haley, she is good too. She's like a mother." She laughs softly and shifts Jack. "I'll go now. Bye, Emily." He kissed her cheek and left the house. She watched the door for a few minutes before going upstairs to lay the sleeping child down. For awhile, she just sat and watched him sleep. She wondered what her baby would have looked like. Girl or boy. How she would be as a mother once she had someone to call her Mommy. A million questions swirled through her head and all she could do was sit and watch Jack take his nap.