Keep It Together

A fewed days passed after the kiss with Trey. He's been over my house everyday, updating us with news about Kaylaa and the baby. I'm still a mute, but I have gone outside. I went with Kaylaa's family to go see her preserved body. This is how it went:

"Wake up FiFi" Jacob said as he shook me. I opened my eyes and smiled. I did of that lately. "Trey's coming in about two hours to pick you up. I made you some breakfast." He kissed me on the forehead. After he left I ran downstairs. I tripped on the last step, but caught myself. He made everything you could imagine for breakfast. I ate at a normal pace. Afterwards I picked out Aéropostale sweat pants and a shirt that had "Hollister" down the side. I did my personal hygeines and went back downstairs.

"Clashy much?" Veronica said. She laughed and then looked at my hair. "Oh, no, no, no! You're doing this all wrong!" She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the bathroom. She put all this oil in my hair making it look like fresh fried chicken. The door bell rang, and my dad called me to the living room.

It was Trey.

"Are you ready?" He asked. He held out his hand I took it. He walked me into the car. I sat in the back, between Trey, and their other sybling Prehia. The car was silent the whole trip there. I guess they knew I was a mute.

Whern we got there it looked like a regular doctors office lobby. Then the lady led us downstairs. There were all these different cubicals. Each one was filled with what they call an animus.

A/N If you have ever heard/played Assassin's Creed you know what an animus is. Yes, I stole the concept of Animus. Sue me.

The animus each had a different person in it. Men, women, children. I was in awe. I couldn't believe they were preserving all these people! Finally we got to Kaylaa's cubical. This one was a bit different from the rest. It had a Ultrasound screen for the baby growing inside of her. She looked, peaceful.

"This is the baby's heartbeat monitor." The lady said pointing to a small screen. "And this is Kaylaa's." she said as she stepped back out of the cubical. She smiled revealing her heart monitor. It was going like any other alive person's heart beat.

She is alive.