Chapter 8!!! :D

(A/N) Hey guys! I won't be uploading til Saturday or Friday...I think...since winter break is ending and school is starting... :( But please, comment fan and vote! <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8

"Hello..." Lavender looked down at her clipboard,"Serenity. How are you doing today?"

"Fine," I reply, trying to sound the most un-ladylike and unpleasant as I can. However, it was quite hard due to the fact that she was even prettier up close, and was quite young, perhaps twenty years of age. The guide, who introduced himself as Erica, offered a bony pale finger.

"So...what inspired you to come and join this modeling competition?" asked Erica.

I shrugged, then replied,"I don't really know how to answer that." As I glanced to my right, I saw another small glass table with a china plate filled with cakes and tarts, looking absolutely delicious. Did they ever stop feeding us?

Lavender then interrupted. "Maybe we should be asking who made Serenity join this competition." She then raised an eyebrow.

"That's ridiculous," responded Erica. "She's just nervous, right dearie? It's okay." She said this as if she was trying to convice herself.

"Actually, my mother forced me to."

To my left, I saw Lavender stifle a laugh in triumph. Erica seemed to glare at her, whilst Lavender lightly retorted,"What? It seems as if she was the only honest one, instead of rattling off some fake already-prepared answers."

Erica shook her head as if Lavender was going slightly insane, then tried to ask another question. "Who are you Serenity? Who are you really? Who will you be?"

Are they kidding? Like I have an idea. Especially since this week.

"I have no idea," I replied.

Lavender laughed so hard, milk would've came out of her nose if she had been drinking some.

Erica looked thoroughly annoyed and gritted her teeth.

She tried one last time, determined to get one good answer from me.

"What college and occupation are you looking into?"

"I dunno. I might be a janitor, or perhaps a doctor. I could go to a community college, or even a great one. Life isn't one flat dusty road, its a series of unknown twists and turns."

After a few awkward seconds, Erica said,"Oh look. It seems as if our time is up." She seemed quite relieved.

As I was closing the door, I heard the guide tell Lavender,'Surely she isn't modeling material."