Chapter 6 :)

Author's Note:

I think I'll be adding a bit of romance to this chapter! :) Tell me what'cha think! Thank you to all my awesome, supporting fans, commenters, and voters! I'm kinda going through a tough time right now because my parents are struggling with the bills...therefore, I may not be uploading as often. :( Anyways, please enjoy! :D Oh, and HAPPPY NEW YEARSSS! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6

Throughout the rest of the day, I wondered what had happened, and if Alyssa was starting to become friends with Lucy. 

It was unbearable to even think about.

To assure myself, I started thinking that Alyssa was going to set Lucy up and once she's comfortable, she'll turn the tables on her. Almost satisfied, I was positive that Alys would tell me the details to destroy Lucy during our nightly phone call...but the tightness in my stomach wouldn't go away.

Then, when I got home and had finished dinner at six, I headed to my room to wait for Alyssa's call.

But it never came. 

I had waited until ten, though she was probably already asleep.

Sighing, I crawled into bed, miserable, starting to realize that I might not only be losing my best friend, but also one of the most important people in my life. 

~*~*~*~*~*

Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. 

I awoke with a start, throwing the covers over my head.  Was it a robber? Or maybe a murder?

Wait a second. Robbers and murders don't usually throw pebbles at your window, do they?

I hurried to the other side of the room and quickly grabbed a clothes hanger, ready to attack.

I neared the window, and gently eased it open, waiting for....what exactly? A bomb? An explosion? A grenade?

Instead, I heard a voice. But not just anyone's. It was Noah's, as in Alyssa's brother, Noah.

"Hey," he called out,"You sleeping?"

I peered out the window, trying to get a better look at him, then replied sarcastically,"No. Of course not. It just happens to be two a.m, but of course, no one is sleeping, then."

He rolled his eyes. "Stop being such a drama queen and get your butt down here. I need to talk to you."

"Why can't we talk here?" I responded adamantly. 

"Because you're too high up, and I feel a little intimidated. Plus, I keep having to crane my neck in this awkward position to see your face."

Sighing, I replied,"Well, how am I supposed to get down? Everytime I open the main or back doors before 5 in the morning, an alarm sounds."

 Noah grinned. "Oh don't worry about that, T."

He then went to the back of his truck and picked up a large silver ladder, propping it up against my window sill.

I clambered out, holding on tightly to each rung.

"Shouldn't this be a little more romantic, like climbing down a tree or you catching me when I drop down?" I wondered aloud.

"Who said anything romatic was going on here?" asked a confused Noah, losing his bravado.

I blushed then hastily said,"Nevermind. Let me just get down."