Chapter 9- The Dream

Anova POV

I wake up in Jed's room on his bed, under the covers. I blink a few times, trying to clear the fog coating my eyes. As it slowly fades away I hear the sound of foot steps walking up to the end of the bed. Jed looks at me, eyes full of sympathy, but also his own sadness of losing his best friends. I look up at him, hoping he understands what my facial expressions are trying to convey. He quickly catches on, boots slipping off before he climbs into the bed beside me.

His arms wrap around my waist, pulling my front into his firm chest. "I wish I knew what to say, " Jed whispers, his voice horse from his screaming.

I sigh, small tears spilling down my cheeks. "You don't have to say anything Jed. " He lays his hand over my own, rubbing soothing circles on my hand.

"I wish I knew why he did this... I wish... I wish that would've been me Ava. I hate seeing you like this. I'd die for you to be happy again." I close my eyes, softly hiccuping.

******

I awaken with a jolt, a sweating and panting mess. Ivan stands above me, a confused expression on his face. Anova? Baby what's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" I shake my head yes, not wanting to talk.

"We have to go see my father now, will you tell me afterwards?" I bite my lip, willing myself not to cry. It was all a dream. Just a dream, a sick, cruel dream. My mates are alive and I'm not dying. Everything is normal and they're smiling. Shaking my head, I get up and quickly take a shower. Ivan drops the topic, knowing it was probably a bad dream.

I realize as we're walking down the hallway, that I hope my dream doesn't come true.

*****

It's now late, the time with Lucifer and Jed took hours. Everything went pretty smoothly, despite me being jumpy every five seconds. The boys decide to call tonight an early night, seeing as we all look exhausted. Climbing into bed, all I can hope is that I don't have the same bone chilling nightmare again.

*****

The next morning I tell the boys about my dream, saying how it started out as me giving Ivan his necklace all over again. I tell them how I magically fall asleep in the dream and wake up again.

Nolan says it's a dream inside of a dream, basically just a nightmare. We talk a little longer, both of my mates noticing it makes me uncomfortable to talk about it.

"I think it's time to go for a swim, don't you Ivan? Go to the pool, sit in the hot tub afterwards. When we get back, we can lay down and watch movies for the night. " Nolan says, already walking over to our dressers and pulling out our suits. I can grunts, taking his and quickly changing. I change too, putting a tinl top over my bikini, as the boys put on wife beaters.

When we get down to the pool, there's nobody down there. "Well this is a drag," I comment, setting my towel down. "Can I go ask Jed and Lucifer if they'd like to come swim?"

Ivan soflty smiles, nodding his head yes and walking over to the pool. "You have five minutes Anova, be quick." I giggle, running out the door.

I head straught towards the thrown room, knowing they'll be there. I burst in through the doors, only to stop when I see Jed and Lucifer in an intense make out session.

"I... Uhm... " I mumble, biting my lip and looking down.

I hear Lucifer chuckle and footsteps come towards me, "Yes Ava?"

"I was wondering... If maybe you and Jed would like to come swim with Ivan, Nolan, and I?" Jed looks at him with pleading eyes, hoping he'll agree.

Lucifer smirks, "We'll be there in ten." I squeal, nodding and running off.

***

This book is now officially On Hold. I really don't know where to go with it anymore and my inspiration is gone. I'm so sorry. I will say that if anyone would like to write more for this book, you can message me, and tell me the idea. Write a chapter, and email it to me and I'll edit, post, and dedicate it to you.

Another side note I'm thinking of publishing a new book? I don't know. Thoughts? Ideas?