HE says she says....

This will be a sort of devotional type book. I realize I have barely started on my first book, but I feel like I am not in a place to finish that one. God has lead me to this book, and I will see where this leads me, and hopefully you. I would love to get your opinions on anything discussed here, as well as testimonies, or if you just want to talk I'd be happy to do that as well. I have way more followers than I ever thought I'd receive, so I thank you from the bottom of my heart. So... Here goes everything :)

                                                       .......................................................................

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matt 6:25-27 NIV

I don't know about you, but this is something I struggle with on a daily basis. For those who I haven't told my own story to, I have a mother who is sick. She has a disease called Lupus, and the type she has could kill her. Sometimes I go into her room when I wake up in the middle of the night and check to see if she is still breathing. It's just a fear of not having control over anything dealing with her. I don't want her to die. I will probably never be ready for it, even if she is old and grey instead of nearing 40.

God has shown me that this is not right. I am not giving my worries to him, and believing what he has for me is beyond anything I could ask for. I try my best not to worry because I know it won't change anything. It may even be giving me a few grey hairs. (seriously) What I take from this scripture may be different from you, but that's what is suppose to happen!  That's what's great about the Bible. You can read and reread the same scripture and take something different away from it each time. For now, I see that worrying about what will happen to my mom, or me, or a stupid Chem test I probably failed is just detrimental to me. It doesn't change a thing, and it is just a waste of the time I could be spending with my mom, or enjoying life.

Here is a couple questions for you all, and I would really like you to answer this one. Really think on it. What do you worry about the most? Is it really worth worrying over? Can you change this thing by worrying about it? I challenge you to take whatever you are worrying about over the next few days, and try to give it over to God. It's not going to be easy, in some of your cases, but it makes for a LOT less grey hairs, trust me.

Take a minute and pray to God. Ask him to reveal anything you may be worrying over that you should just give to him. Give him thanks(since it is almost Thanksgiving) for always being there and taking your burdens onto himself. And most importantly, thank him for dying for you.

                                             ..................................................................

I hope you all enjoy this! If you don't please let me know. Also, if there is a certain topic you want me to talk about, or a question you need answered, let me know in the comments.

Thanks and God Bless

-Ash