Chapter 8

I was sitting with Gemma and Tara trying to figure out how to the money to get the boys out of jail. "We are going to need 3,500,000 to get them all out, I'm going to post the house and Tara is going to post her dads" Gemma said

"Take my car, it not much but it is better than nothing" I said

Then a memory hit me, my father and I use to save money, I called it the squirrel fund, but one day I saw my father take it all for drugs. So I would put my money away a place where my father would never find it. Before my grandmother died she left me half of 2 million, I stashed it away and didn't tell my father.

"Oh My God!" I yelled

"What" Gemma asked "Baby speak"

"I know where we can get half of 2 million"

I ran/limped out to the garage where Opie was. "Op I need you to come with me" I said. I ran the best I could to my room, I grabbed my gun and a knife and went out to Opie's bike we took off down the road, and we went past the pizza place where Gemma found me. "Take a left" we pulled up in front of an old banded blue house.

Opie's POV

I didn't like how this place looked; it gave me an odd feeling. Charlie got off my bike and started walking towards it. "Wait Charlie, let me go first" She nodded her head and I walked towards the door and had to kick it down, I held my gun and searched the whole house. I walked into the kitchen and I saw a man on the floor. When I looked at him I could see a little bit of Charlie and then I knew right away this was Charlie's father, by the look of it he OD on Crank. I walked outside and saw Charlie sitting on my bike. I walked over to her and looked into her sad eyes I could tell she hated being here. "Charlie...um...your father OD on crank please when we go in there don't go into the kitchen" I said.

She hugged me tighter around the waist. When we walked in she went straight to her room avoiding the kitchen. When we got to her room she went under her bed and took out a big dictionary, when she opened it she took out some money. Then she got on a chair and took out her knife and shoved it in the ceiling and made a square and she stared to take stack and stack of money out and into the bag. Then she go down she went to her closet and pulled up some floor board and took out some more cash.

Charlie's POV

"Okay I think that is it for my room" I said. I walked into my dad's room and looked where we put the squirrel fund was and low and behold there was more cash and a note with it I put in into the bag and then we left. I didn't go and see my father's body because I don't think I could handle it.

We made it back to the club house and we counted out the money and we were only short a million my dad saved over 2 million dollars. Gemma took the money and took care of it.

"What are we going to do about the other million?" I asked

"I'm going to go talk to Elliott" Gemma said

I went on to the roof lit a smoke and read the note

Dear Charlotte

I'm sorry I wasn't there for you; I have saved money for you just in case you came back. I'm sorry that I let the drugs become more important than you; if I could I would have changed that a long time ago. Know that I love you sweet heart. Take care of yourself.

Love Dad

I crumpled up the paper and cried. After all this time he still thought about me even doped up on drugs.

Opie climbed up onto the roof and sat next to me. "Thought I would find you up here" he said. He put his arm around me and pulled me into him and kissed my head