This kiss

"Hey, Trish could you go down to the basement and get two more packs of ice?" Elliot bounded to me, "do you know you have a mystery substance all over you?" 

I stared at my brother with a glare, "you don't say"

"What's your deal, aren't you having fun?" All I wanted to do right now was continue staring at Seth and the stupid girl with slotted eyes but Elliot was making it hard by blocking my view of them.

"Buckets"

Elliot regarded me softly and put an arm around me, steering me out of the kitchen into the throng of people, "don't focus on that" 

"You don't know what you’re talking about, Elliot"

"Oh, so you don't have a huge crush on Seth?" I did a double take and looked at my brother.

"Did Talia tell you?!" 

"No....I just kind of picked up on it" he shrugged.

"Its not a crush. We only kissed once”  I grumbled.

"Seth is...a cool guy, a little too cool with the ladies, if you ask me.” Elliot sidestepped a couple dancing.

“He’s going through some crap right now and...." He ran a hand through his hair.

"What are you getting at?" What was Seth going through?

"It's not my business to pass on; I just...I don't want you pursuing a relationship with him. He won't treat you the way you deserve to be treated, Trish" 

“That has nothing to do with you” I said.

“Yes it does. I don’t want you with Seth, period” Elliot gave me a hard look.

Before I could even respond he nudged me, "oh there's Tristan" 

Tristan bounded up to us looking exceptionally cute in a red button down that complimented his skin tone and black jeans.

“Hey Trish” He smiled at me.

“Hey, how’s it going” I said monotone.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me and smiled, “Are you okay?”

“Never been better” I forced a smile, “I have to go change before I perpetually smell like alcohol”

I nodded at Elliot and Tristan, who had shocked looks plastered onto their faces, and made my way up the stairs.

I rummaged through my closet for a decent shirt to throw over my black skinny jeans. I finally settled on a royal blue chiffon top and a cream tank top underneath. As I was shrugging the tank top on a throat being cleared stopped me.

“The upper level is off limits” I began to recite until I noticed the familiar green eyes watching me, “What do you want?”

“Someone’s angry” Seth said with overly wide eyes.

“No, seriously. What do you want?” I sighed shrugging the chiffon op on.

“Ouch, Bleu” Seth said walking over to my bed and sitting on it, “Your tone hurts me”

“Seth, I’m really not in the mood for your stupidity right now” I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room. I made a silent prayer that he wouldn’t follow me but as I got to the door that led to the basement, a voice tickled the back of my neck.

“You were in the mood when you were sniffing me a couple minutes ago”

“I wasn’t sniffing you!” I shrieked turning to him and noticing the grin on his face

I descended into the basement, which was eerily dark and quiet, using the light from my cell phone as a flashlight.

“Why won’t you leave me alone?!” I yelled hearing the steps behind me.

Seth came up beside me and laughed, “I would never let an unarmed woman enter a dark basement by her lonesome”

“Chivalry is dead” I mumbled trying to navigate through the clustered basement. There was furniture, boxes, and lamps of all sorts down here.