MAN-KENZIE, ULTIMATE DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE

Was it possible to have millions of tiny gremlins jumping around in your head? If so, then they were definitely having a housewarming party in mine. I tried opening my heavy eyes but forced them shut as the searing sun melted them into a pool of nothingness…Slightly morbid, I know.

Main point? I felt like dirt.

You know that feeling you get when you’ve eaten something super dry and then go to bed without drinking anything afterwards?

Me, neither.

It seemed like a good analogy at the time.

I murmured a curse as I rolled over in my bed and felt a solid hand under my butt.

“I didn’t know you were that forward, bleu” I heard a deep rumble in my ear.

My eyes reluctantly shot open as I noticed the familiar warmth that was Seth. I hesitantly looked at him and was met with his sleepy green eyes.

“How are you feeling?” He asked with concern.

“Thirsty” I grumbled. He gestured to the night stand on my side and there stood a tall glass of water that was just begging me to finish it and next to it two advil tablets. I slowly sat up and downed the glass, throwing the advil in at some point. I sighed in relief and looked down at Seth who was still lying down, rubbing sleep from his eyes.

It burned me to admit how extraordinarily cute he looked when his hair was dishelved.

“That’s cuz you were running your hands through it all night” He whispered and my eyes widened, in pain, as I realized I had thought out loud.

“You might wanna get that checked out” His voice was deeper too and incredibly husky. The kind of voice that could tell you to jump into the back of a white van and you would happily comply, no questions asked.

“Oh my God” I mumbled in horror. Partly from the pounding in my skull and partly due to the mortification I was feeling, “What stupid things did I say?”

“Let me think” He playfully tapped his chin and looked up at me, “You told me that you thought I was the Magnesium to your dry ice”

“You’re kidding!”

“I mean…if chemistry lines work for you than by all means” Seth grinned sleepily

“What else” I said slapping a hand to my forehead.

“Well….If you don’t remember than I guess it’s not worth me mentioning” He gave me a wink and easily got up from the bed. Even in rumpled clothes, he looked amazing.

“What are you….” I stopped and stared at him, “WE didn’t…kiss. Did we?”

“OF COURSE NOT!” Seth gasped in shock and I visibly let out a breath.

“We totally made out” He grinned skipping to the door.

“I don’t think that ever really took place, MAN-KENZIE” I said innocently as his green eyes turned to meet me in a hurry. My mind wandered back to the memory of last night and I grinned

My eyes were fully open and I didn’t understand why. Wasn’t alcohol supposed to knock your lights out? Well, my lights were fully on, metaphorically at least. My room was complete darkness save for the glow the moon cast. I turned to my right and stared at him. He was sleeping on his stomach, facing me and my heart did a quick thump.  I stared at the way his back rose and fell with each and every breath and the way his mouth was slightly open. He looked so peaceful, so innocent, and so~

“Done creeping on me?” I was instantly met with his green eyes and tried to control the hot blush making its way up my neck.

“I…I wasn’t…I”