Chapter 4

- Leahs pov -

For the past ten minutes, I was banging on the door screaming to be let out. My voice grew rough, my throat starting to hurt. My eyes were raw from rubbing the tears away. I knew that screaming at them was not going to get me anywhere. But in situations like this, you turn helpless.

"There not coming back till dinner." A voice said behind me, making me jump. The little lamp's light illuminated the room, letting me see only the form of the person. It had the build of a boy. His features were hidden by the darkness of the corner he sat in. His hands rest of his bent knees, head leaned on the wall. I could tell he was studying me. "The only time they show up is for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and sometimes the occasional check ups." He said again.

I stayed quiet, trying to get a better look at him. "Who are you?" I finally spoke up. I tried to clear my throat to make my voice sound some-what normal.

"I'm Niall." He replied. That's right, Drew's father was talking about him. The boy who was stolen from his home.

"Why'd he take you... take us?" I asked.

"You heard him. He wants the perfect family. For him that's a beautiful girl and a handsome boy." His mouth opened and closed after he finished, like he wanted to say more. After that I was quiet. My mind was raising, the feeling of betrayal was still there. But is that what I should be worrying over?

I stood up and walked to the door. I began pushing and hitting every part of it, trying to find a weak spot. The small window on the door caught my attention. I looked around, finding a plastic vase with fake flowers. Grabbing it and pulling the flowers out I began to hit it against the window. A grunt left my mouth as nothing happened, only scuff marks forming on the window.

"It's not going to break. This stupid house is made of plastic." Niall commented. I ignored him, letting the vase drop to the floor. I moved to one of the walls and sat down leaning against it. I pulled my legs to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, hugging myself.

I tried not to let the bad thoughts come, but as the faces of my parents and friends came rushing into my mind I could no longer stop them. My graduation memories came bringing a heart ache. I wanted to scream, I wanted to break free and hurt Andrew and his father for ringing my life, for ruining Nialls too.

A little chime echoed throughout the fake house, causing me and Niall to look up. Andrew stood in the doorway of the house, a tray in his hands. He looked at Niall briefly before staring at me. I looked away once our eyes met, feeling sick just looking at him.

He walked over to Niall and gave him a plate of food and a cup then walked over to me. He stood in front of me waiting for me to grab my plate.

I turned my head away and closed my eyes. "Leah..." Drew said in a desperate voice. I looked up at him taking note of the sad look on his face. But it just anger me .

How dare he. How dare he be sad of something he caused.

"Please...eat." He spoke. I took the cup and plate setting them down next to me. Then resting my head on my knees once more. A warm hand ran through my hair, I had to squeeze my eyes shot and bite my lip from screaming at him. Once the hand retreated and the small click of the lock was heard I let out a sigh.

A tear fell down my cheek as I sat. The only sound was Niall munching on his food. My eyes closed as I began to fall to sleep.

*****

"Wake up."

"Wake up." My eyes opened as someone shook me. Niall was in front of me his hands on my shoulders. "Come on, you need to get ready for bed." He said helping me get up. I rubbed my eyes to get the sleepy haze out of them.

I followed him into a door I had not nitced before. It lead to a small hallway, and now I began to wonder how big this fake house actually was.

We stepped into a bedroom. It had a king size bed in the middle of the room, a medium sized TV, a book shelf, a dresser and what I'm guessing is a closet.

Niall walked over to one of the dressers and opened a drawer. He pulled out a white night gown and handed it to me. I hesitantly took it from him. "If you don't put it on they will when they come and check on us." He said in a monotone voice.

I watched him go to the other dresser and grab some clothes before walking out and closing the door. I began to slowly take off my clothes, and put on the night gown. Once Niall was done, he showed me the bathroom and where my things were. I brushed my teeth and washed my face then went back to the room.

Niall was laying down on the bed, a space open for me. I didn't complain about having to sleep with him, that was the least of my worrys.

I laid down pulling the comforter over my body. After many minutes spent listening to Niall sleep and thinking about things, I fell asleep.

__________________________

My birthday's tomorrow. That is all.

- A