Chapter 16

We arrived at the mall at around 10o’clock, Alice wanted a full day shopping and Seth seemed up for it too. The whole way there Jake was moaning, ‘I don’t wanna do this, I don’t wanna do that’ and I’d had just about enough of it. It was my first time shopping for school stuff and he would not put a downer on my mood. So if he was to utter one more word or complaint about anything I would kick off I could feel it. I’d been holding it in all the way from his to here and it was just a matter of time.

And then he did it…

“I swear if all we do is look at girly things all day I will go throw myself of a cliff”

I looked down at me feet trying to contain myself but I knew it was pointless I was fighting a losing battle. I might as well have at it, at least then I could relax and enjoy my day.

“JACOB BLACK! Shut your moaning will you… your giving me a head ach. Either say nice things or don’t say anything at all. I want you to be supportive, this may not be a big deal for you but I go to school in 3 days and I want to be prepared… so just SHUT UP!” Seth and Alice looked back at me I didn’t think they were expecting that from me, I never get frustrated EVER, even uncle Emmett has a hard time of getting a reaction out of me and he is the most irritating person my family know. I walked a little faster towards the mall to just cool down and to get away from Jake I wanted to seem angry and I knew that if I was to look at him all I would do is smile – that wouldn’t be the best way of showing him I was irritated. Just as I got far enough from him to regain my thoughts I hear a trio of laughter I turned around to see all three of them on their knees in hysterics. What were they thinking? I was serious! Aghh!

“Don’t laugh at me… I was serious” I said making my way slowly back over to them keeping my eyes on my feet as I walked careful not too look any of them in the eye- that would just trip me up and I would start laughing.

“I’m sorry hunnie. It was just your face. It was comical genius!” Jake said clutching his sides to stop the laugher from erupting from the pit of his stomach.

Seth stood up and stopped laughing; he looked me in the eyes and just fell to the floor again in hoards of laughter, throwing Jake a high five at the same time.

“Ugggh! Boys!” I shouted storming away again. A pair of warm hands grabbed my arms and pulled be backwards spinning me around at the same time

“I am sorry I promise no more moaning about anything….cross my heat” Jake said planting me a light kiss on my forehead before outlining a cross shape over his heart.     

I cooled down eventually and Jake came good on his promise - no more moaning. We bought all the books and study material I needed, we just needed to get some new clothes. It was nearly dinner and Jacob and Seth were getting a little bit impatient and I was beginning to get hungry so we decided to go to the food court. I could smell the food even before we reached the court and my stomach began to rumble, it wasn’t loud enough for your average human to hear but with two wolfs and a vampire I had no chance of hiding it. Jake took hold of my hand and smiled a huge smile at me, it reached his eyes and he began dragging me along a little faster than necessary, but I was grateful the faster we got to the food court the faster I could eat.