Chapter 5

Vivian's POV

     It's Saturday. The horrible shopping spree I have to attend with the gracious Alise. *Not the sarcasm here people!

     Apparently, she needed new outfits for her next go-see because she refused to wear the same thing twice. What a waste of money, right? There's this thing called mixing and matching but, apparently she doesn’t believe in repeating anything.

This girl will be the end of me.

"What do you think of this one?" she stepped out of the changing room in a tight white number. The neckline was dipped low, very low, and it had thin straps.

"It looks great, Alise." I said for the hundredth time today.

"Mmm you sure? I think my butt looks big in this one. It's like expanded or something." she said as she looked in the mirror with her rear end facing it.

"No, your butt looks fine. I assure you. And no, it's not too big. It's proportionate actually."

"You're a fashion designer right?"

"Yes, how do you think I know about what fits your body type?" I asked sarcastically.

 "Maybe we should work together sometime. I mean, I'm sure Richy has told you how great I am during photo shoots, and besides you did just say I have a great body too." she said while looking at herself in different angles.

"Okay. First of all, I never said you had a great body; I said that it's proportional. And yes, Rich has told me about your professionalism. But I'm just not looking for any models right now. I still don't even have all the pieces together." I said to her as kindly as possible.

"Well proportionate, great body-same difference. So you would hire me though right? Since I know me and you have something in common here." she pointed out.

"Pray tell, what would that be?"

"Richard." And with that she walked back into the changing room.

I. Hate. My. Life.

     We were eating at the cafe but, of course the food has too many calories or she doesn't like it. So she's basically eating green leaves. It has no right to be called a salad, while I had some spicy sesame chicken with fried rice. And yes, she commented on my eating habits.

"You know it has a lot of calories?'

"It goes straight to your hips."

"Ew, what do they put in that sauce?"

"I wouldn't be caught dead eating that."

Well, if she were dead, I would stuff her mouth with my awesome Chinese take-out just to spite her.

      It's finally over. Alise just couldn't stop complaining on how I don't take care of myself. She thinks it's because I'm lacking in my sex life. Now that was a low blow. My ego definitely took a turn.

     As promised, I was a good friend to her since she didn't have any. But there's only so much a girl can take. And apparently I'm also her slave. I was currently waiting for her outside the entrance of the mall while she "freshened up." I don't even know what she's freshening up for.

"Do you have a quarter, lady?" a cute, little girl asked. She was beyond adorable. Her ponytail was loosely hanging on her right shoulder and her pink shirt had "Daddy's Little Girl" in sparkly letters.