Chapter 10

Okay, so like, I know you probably don't care and it's not that big of a deal to some, but thank you so much for reading. The Player's Best Friend has hit the 500 mark and it's not much but it makes me happy when I see even one more reader than the last time. Sorry for the late update, life's been busy lately but I'm gonna keep working on this story. And I know I just left a big cliff hanger in the last chapter (hehehe) but it's gonna get good. So without further ado, please continue reading .. :)

RECAP

If I hadn't known any better, she looked like one of my many one night stands after hot sex. Wait, she looked like-

"Oh, shit."

"What is it?" She asked. Her face was surprised that I cursed out of nowhere.

"Who is he?" I demanded.

"Who's who?"

"The man that you're fucking, Viv."

Vivian's POV

I took a step back. "That's not any of your business, Rich." I turned around to open my apartment door.

"Damn right it is! He probably took advantage of you." Rich followed in after me.

I sat down and tried to not go off on him. I took a deep breath. "He did not. I initiated it, Rich. I am a grown woman. I know what I want."

"God, Viv. Seriously? You just met some guy and had sex with him? I figured you'd be the relationship type." he raked his hands through his hair.

"I am the 'relationship type' and I knew what I was doing."

"So you're in a relationship with him?" He looked at me as if he were looking through my soul.

"Yes and when I get back we're going on a date." I said triumphantly.

"You haven't even been on a date?" He asked incredulously.

"You have no right to judge me. You're even worse, Rich. At least after we had sex, he came back and asked for a date."

"Oh, so it was a one night stand then. And he just comes waltzing in asking for a date and you had sex with him again. Weird coincidence, isn't it?" He said sarcastically.

"I don't feel like arguing with you, Rich. Take it whatever you want. I don't care." I waved him off and headed to the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and grabbed a can of Coke. Why does he even care? It's my life. I can do what I want. So, I am not apologizing to him when I've done nothing wrong. He walked into the kitchen and leaned against the wall, watching me. I averted my gaze and stared at the island counter while occasionally sipping my Coke.

"Fine, give me the silent treatment. But we both know, what you're doing is wrong." He stated.

"No, I don't know that this is wrong. I'm taking a chance, Rich. Why can't you understand that?"

"Like you said, I am no worse than whoever this guy is, but here's the difference, Viv. I care about you. I may play girls and ditch them every other day, but I will not allow that to happen to you. I've played the game and I know how it will turn out."

"How can you be so sure? He's a nice guy and he wouldn't do that to me." I threw away the can in the garbage.

"You think he's a nice guy. There's a difference. You barely know the fucker and you're already defending him." He shook his head.