CHAPTER TWELVE: THE SECRET ADMIRER

Aidan was raking his head about the mystery of the poem. It had to be Kate. The secret admirer. The one who had loved him so passionately. Who else would it be? He never even remembered anyone else. If it was Kate indeed, it would make him the luckiest man on earth. It meant only one thing.

That the love of Kate had been so powerful even back then that it had spread so much positive feelings inside him; had almost cured him from the cynical man he had been turning into because of his father. But what if she was no longer in love with him?

Well, love or not, the attraction between them was too flagrant to ignore now. And there was no way in freaking hell she would have kissed him back if she felt nothing for him. He had purposely kissed her this time only to judge her reaction. And she had seemed flustered as if she had something to hide. Plus she had not said a word on the way back home and had practically fled from him as soon as they had reached back.

And she was nowhere in sight. Aidan felt unsure of the way she was behaving but he could hardly blame her. She must be freaking out because of her upcoming wedding. It was important for him to know whether she was the author of the poem to be able to make a final decision.

If she had loved him so much why the hell had she not confronted him about her feelings? Then he remembered he had been dating Jennifer back then. Maybe that was the reason why she had hidden her feelings. And maybe he had broken her heart in the process. But did she still love him? If that was the case, why the hell was she marrying someone else?

But he could also be completely wrong as well. His next mission was to confirm whether the author of such lovely words was indeed Kate. Else, he would never dare break off her wedding for his own selfishness.

"Wolf!" he heard and as he turned round, he caught sight of Ryce walking down the porch to join him. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm thinking about my next move," he replied absent-mindedly his attention still on the questions throbbing in his mind and failed to notice Ryce right behind him.

"Don't worry, we'll find a way for you," Ryce said hugging him in a brotherly manner and Aidan sighed. It was getting complicated. "Come let's have lunch. Judith is waiting for us."

Still in deep thoughts, Aidan moved back to the house and as soon as they entered the dining room, his eyes looked for Kate immediately. Unfortunately, she was seated next to the fiancé and he had to grit his teeth every time the latter touched her. Bigfoot had fortunately made no obnoxious comments about their outing and but had instead refrained from any mention of it.

Aidan frowned in puzzlement as his thoughts were interrupted by his iPhone which buzzed indicating him that he has gotten a new message. It must be someone from work. But he was wrong. It was a message from Ryce.

Flirt with her

What?! Flirt with Kate? In front of her family? Was he insane?

Are you out of your mind? he texted back looking at him pointedly making sure he got the message that he was not appreciating such a joke. Fortunately, nobody picked up their vines as everyone was busy in their own tasks.

Not Kate, you fool. The sister. Flirt with her NOW.

The sister? Who the sister? Frowning, he gave Ryce a look and followed his gaze. Bigfoot's sister?!! Was he out of his freaking mind? Bigfoot had brought along his sister Nathalie for lunch that morning and Ryce had lost his marbles. Why the hell would he ask him to flirt with her?

Do it!

This time the message was from Jen and he scowled. But knew they must have something going on in their heads and so he was ready to oblige.