Depression and Rejection

“So, what did Grace say?”

            “I don’t really remember…”

“Hayley… don’t lie to me. Just say the truth.” Chris growled as he tugged on my hoodie. I whimpered, pulling the article of clothing over my head; immediately scolded to pull it down.

            “Well…”

“Well what?” He pestered, sitting closer to me on the tree.

            “I…May have forgot to ask her.” I mumbled.

“What…?” The brunette haired man gasped.

            “I was about to hear her answer…! But then her siblings came in and I just…forgot!” I grinned sheepishly. Chris sighed heavily, resting his hands on my shoulder.

“It’s fine. I’ll just ask her out… like any normal man should do.” He mumbled, his cheeks turning into a rosy red color.

            “She’s nice, I can tell you that. She has a large family… And her little sister loves me; I believe. That’s what I can tell you about her.” I muttered, trying to remember everything that happened last night. The most remembered recollected memory was the whole gallery of them in countless amount of pictures.

“Really? A large… family…” Chris grimaced, looking away from my gaze. Did he not like huge families?

            “What’s wrong?” I mumbled, touching his cheek softly. Onlookers from gym must’ve given us a wondering stare.

“It’s nothing,” Chris smiled weakly, taking away his warm hands away from my shoulders. I whimpered at the loss of warmth. “nothing at all.”

            “If you say so.” I sighed, turning away from him. In the corner of my eye, I could see Grace, Rei, and Kai all hanging together in one group.

Ah, I thought inside my head. I nearly forgot that Grace was in the excluded gym class with the strict gym teacher.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Chris staring at her with an awed look on his face. This was clearly too easy to make fun of him for. Wrapping one arm around his shoulder, bringing him down while I stood on my toes, “Look, there’s Grace. Why don’t you ask her out now?” I whispered. Chris jumped slightly away from me, blushing madly.

“A-As if I would right now! It’s gym class.” Chris growled.

            “Your loss if you don’t ask her out. I mean, anyone could ask her out at any given moment; and here you are, talking with another woman-“I started.