Rei and Kai Fukatan

"Crap… I'm almost late for gym!" I growled inside my head, quickly pulling on my gym clothes. I tied my long, brunette hair up in a high ponytail. I dashed outside to meet with my gym teacher.

"Bass, late for gym today, I see." He clicked the end of his pen on a board.

"I'm extremely sorry, sir. My locker was jammed." I explained.

"It's okay. Go join the sophomore class. We blended in the two grades in for gym today, and everyone is being paired up." He pointed to another gym teacher not far from here. "And quite frankly, mostly everyone is paired up already."

"Thank you sir!" I yelled out, running over to the sophomore gym teacher.

"What do you need?" The woman asked.

"Um… my gym teacher said I have to be paired up with someone…and sent me here." I mumbled.

"Oh, okay. Join the Stokes and Fukatan's group." The woman pointed to where Chris was. I walked over to them.

"Look who decided to show up." Chris smirked faintly. I don’t think I ever saw him in gym clothing before.

"Look who decided to join gym for once." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, watch it; I'm your upperclassman." He warned.

"Whatever. Oh, you…" I started, looking at the long black haired woman.

"Rei; Rei Fukatan. You helped me this morning, remember?" She smiled softly.

"Ah yes. Everything is coming to me now." I mumbled. My eyes glanced over to the other man with black hair. He looked like a guy version of Rei. "And you?"

"Rei's twin brother, Kai. It's nice to meet you. And thank you for helping my sister." He smiled.

"It's no problem. My name's Hayley Bass. Chris?" I whined in a monotone voice. I clasped my hands on one of his shoulders, leaning on him. "What are we doing?"

"Trust exercises." He answered coolly. "People are in groups of four, so that there are two pairs to compete."

"And I'm guessing you and Kai are together as partners, am I right, Rei?" I asked. She nodded slightly. "Great, that leaves me with you." I sighed unenthusiastically.

"I share the same pain you're feeling." He chuckled. He held a rope in his hand, kneeling down to the ground; tying one of our legs and hands together.

"We have to be tied together…? What kind of game is this?" I mumbled.

"I don’t even know…" His eyes trailed away.

"You better not make me fall…" I smirked.

"As long as you don't bring me down, I'll be fine." He smirked evilly back.

"Um… Hayley?" Rei dragged Kai over. I saw that they were tied up too.

"Yeah?" Both Chris and I answered at the same time. We glanced at each other, softly laughing at our response.

"Are you two…dating?" She asked. My jaw dropped.

"Not again…" Chris sighed.

"Did I say something wrong?" She looked us with concern.

"No, no! It's just that a lot of people assume we're dating. But we're really not." I sighed.

"Time to line up!" A teacher called out.

"Come on, let's go." Kai smiled, helping Rei walk towards the center of the field. Chris and I tried to follow, but struggled greatly.

"One…two…" I muttered, looking at Chris. He looked at me in the eyes, nodding; understanding why I said that.