Blossoming Friendship

"Hayley!" Lailah's voice chimed in my ears. "It's time to wake up. Come on Hayley, wake up! Wake up! It's time for school! You're going to be late at this rate! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up-"Being the grumpy person I am when waken up, I took my pillow and threw it at her face; unconsciously, though.

"Shut up, you ugly old hag." I hissed, throwing my blanket over my head.

"Fine then. Monty!" Lailah sang out. My eyes widened, and I immediately jumped out of bed. I pushed Lailah out of the room, and shut my door closed. In a fast motion, I quickly got dressed in a grey t-shirt and black jeans. I ran into my bathroom, and brushed my hair and teeth. I quickly grabbed some makeup and applied it lightly to my face. Just when I was going to leave my bedroom, my eyes took a quick glance to my bed; which had Chris's jacket on it. I quickly grabbed in and walked out of the room.

"What? What did you call me for now, Lailah?" My father approached Lailah, who was standing right outside my door. "Ah good, Hayley. You aren't wearing an outfit like yesterday." My father smiled, but snottily. I rolled my eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I growled.

"Nothing. It's just that, when you came home yesterday… It looked as if it was the summer, not the fall." My father turned around, walking away. "Now no one must bother me for the rest of the day, I have to focus on a possible business deal." I clicked my tongue, walking away.

"Ah! Hayley! I forgot to say, but your breakfast is already done and ready for you." Lailah called out to me.

“I'm not hungry." I hissed.

"Oh… Um… have a good day at school today!" Lailah smiled. I walked over to my backpack and slung it over my shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever." I mumbled, walking out the door. Immediately as the cool breeze swept through my face, I instantly regretted not picking up a jacket. My eyes glanced over to Chris's jacket, which was tucked under my arm. I almost hesitated to put it on, but I had no choice. Right as I was about to slip the jacket on, something in my bag vibrated. It was my phone. "What?" I hissed.

"Whoa, Hayley! Cool down the attitude." My old friend, James Clark, laughed over the phone.

"I am cool. In fact, I'm freezing. It's nearly 6:30 A.M.; what could you possibly want? Heck, why are you even awake?" I growled, walking out of my driveway.

"If it's freezing, put on a coat." He sighed.

"James, I don't have all the time in the world to be chatting with you this early in the morning, spit it out before I snap." I sighed, checking the street.

"Man, you're such an Ice Queen!" He laughed.

"Why thank you very much." I hissed. "Now, out with it!"

"Well, I was going to say that the guy I liked asked me out yesterday!" I could nearly imagine James smiling his cheeks off right now.

"Then why didn't you tell me yesterday?" I asked, totally annoyed.

"I did. You didn't answer. So, that's technically your fault. And it's not like I could tell you in school, since you're in high school and I'm in middle school. So, I thought I would call you in the morning." Oh snap, I thought, I fell immediately asleep right after I was done with karate and homework. So maybe that's why.

"Yeah yeah, I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you by treating you a milkshake at our regular place." I smiled. I heard him gasp a little.

"Chocolate milkshake and a piece of chocolate cake." He replied. I rolled my eyes.