Chapter Eleven.

After Echopaw's little outburst, the three cats were left alone once again in the forest. "I better go catch up with her. See you two later, look after yourselves!" mewed Shadowpaw, giving Panther a quick lick on the ear, then dashing off after Echopaw. She finally caught sight of the silver tabby up ahead, her tail drooping down. "Echopaw, wait up!" Shadowpaw called, skidding to a hault next to her. Echopaw hissed at her presence, her tail flicking sideways. "Just go away Shadowpaw, I want to be left alone" she growled, continuing to pad to camp. Shadowpaw's eyes brightened. "Come on, cheer up. Blade just doesn't want to come back because she didn't like all the rules, and she's better off with Panther". Echopaw stopped and turned to Shadowpaw. "Speaking of which, Shadowpaw... how did you know those two?" she questioned.

"They... are my sisters" Shadowpaw answered. "Don't you dare tell anyone". Echopaw nodded, jumping over the fallen tree to camp. "But if you were in Streamclan before now.. how did Blade end up in Sandclan, and how did Panther end up as a loner?". Shadowpaw shooked her head in confusion. "I don't know.. it's complicated, my Mother died when we were young and our Father disappeared" she mewed, crawling through the tunnel into camp. Suddenly Shadowpaw sighed and stopped. "Oh fox dung, I forgot to bring back the prey we caught!" she huffed. Echopaw rolled her eyes and turned back. "Don't worry, I'll go get it. You go talk to Mistpaw or something" she mewed, padding back into the forest. Shadowpaw watched her go and entered Sandclan's dusty camp, watching all the normal clan activity. Mistpaw was chatting with Bloodstar and Mudstripe, an urgent tone in his voice and fear struck in his eyes. Shadowpaw tilted her head, trotting over to Mistpaw, her ears flattened. "What happened, Mistpaw?".

"Shadowpaw, this is a discussion for me, Mudstripe and Mistpaw. This does not include you, besides, you should be checking the elders for fleas" Bloodstar ordered, sending her away with a flick of her tail. Shadowpaw sighed, listening outside the leaders den to find out what they were talking about. "You should have told her, Bloodstar. She knows the all the clan scents" she heard Mudstripe mew.

"Yes, but she will plan attack on them herself. We have already taught Streamclan a lesson, and we still have to introduce ourselves to the other three clans" Bloodstar replied, her tone sharp. A small whimper could be heard from Mistpaw as Bloodstar spoke. "Can't I just take her to the body? Please?" he mewed questioningly.

"Fine". Shadowpaw darted away from the den in a flash so she would not be seen, her eyes swirling in confusion. None of that conversation made sense to her. Mistpaw was hiding something, something from another clan. She saw Mistpaw exit out the den and pad towards her. "Shadowpaw.. come with me, no questions". She followed him out the camp in silence. Shadowpaw tilted her head as she realised they were heading towards Fireclan territory. She had expected it was something to do with Streamclan, so she was taken by surprise. Mistpaw skidded to a hault, blocking Shadowpaw's view. "Okay.. promise you won't freak out, just tell me the scent" he mewed. Shadowpaw darted round him, her eyes filling with shock. On Fireclan's border, was a lifeless, brown tabby, laying in the dirt. He was dead. "Do you know which cat it is? We killed it as soon as we saw him...". Shadowpaw nodded, her fur shaken with dread.

"You don't know what you are about to start... you killed the Fireclan leader".