Chapter Five

Shadowpaw gasped and flattened her ears. They were going the Gathering. They couldn't do that, Starclan had NOT invited them! And what would the other four clans do? All the other cats of Sandclan were nodding their heads in approval- these cats wanted to go. Shadowpaw stepped closer to Bloodstar, her fur on end. "Bloodstar, may I speak with you?" she asked, her eyes going a deep shade of green. Bloodstar twitched her ear and nodded. They both padded into the den, and Shadowpaw took a deep breath and sighed. "We can't go to the gathering". Bloodstar narrowed her eyes, her ice cold gaze piercing through Shadowpaw. "What do you mean we can't go? We have to!" she hissed, her fur bristling. Shadowpaw shook her head and sighed, stepping back from the angry leader. "I'm not against it at all, it's a good idea. But if you go there... you'll all be attacked by four different clans" she mewed, shivering at the thought. Bloodstar relaxed her hostility and nodded slowly. "I see your point... but we need to go. We can't hide in secret any longer...".

"Instead of going to the gathering... we can attack the other clans one by one so they'll all know of us" Shadowpaw growled, her fur on end at the thought. Bloodstar grinned and nodded. "Of course. What clan would you like us to attack first, starting tomorrow?" she asked.

"How about... Streamclan." Shadowpaw mewed, excited to attack her old clan. All those cats who treated her badly would be in for it. Especially Skystar. Bloodstar nodded and flicked her tail, dismissing her. She told the clan to prepare for attack tomorrow. Mistpaw was curled up next to Lightningpaw, sharing a mouse. Shadowpaw laid down next to them, and Mistpaw immediately hissed. "Go away, Shadowpaw. I don't want to talk to you". She felt hurt to hear those words, but just shrugged and curled up in the corner of the den and fell asleep.

The next day, Mistpaw kicked Shadowpaw awake and he just left. What is wrong with him lately..., she asked herself. Bloodstar was on the high-branch, deciding who was going to go and who was staying at camp. "Mudstripe, Darkpelt, Rainclaw, you will go along with your apprentices. I will be joining you along with Dragonfang and Sunsetflame. And those who I have not mentioned will stay here". Bloodstar saw Shadowpaw and padded up to her, mewing a welcome. "Shadowpaw, you will guide us to their camp as you used to be an apprentice there". Shadowpaw nodded in excitement. She couldn't wait for her first battle!

"Come on Sandclan, let's go!" Bloodstar yowled, running out of camp, her clan mates following her behind. Shadowpaw sped over next to Bloodstar, taking the right path to Streamclan. Now it was just up ahead. Bloodstar growled and leapt into their camp... the next thing, every cat was fighting.