Chapter 15: Hospital visit.

"Mrs. Bresc?" Michele's head shoots up as she hears her name. I rub her back as she walks into the doctors office.

"Do you want me to come with you?" She nods. We both enter and sit down on the chairs.

"The doctor will be right with you." The nurse says to us. We nod and she leaves. Michele sighs loudly.

"It'll be fine. Kendall is gonna wake up, you're gonna tell him the big news and he's going to be ecstatic." I rub her leg. The doctor comes in.

"Mrs. Bresc?" He asks Michele. She nods. The doctor shakes our hand. "You may sit on the examination table." She gets up and sits on the table. I sit next to her. "Are you ready for this?"

"I guess." She slightly smiled. The doctor squeezes the gell on her tummy and rubs it with the stick-thing. She searches for a while.

"There's your baby." The smile on Michele's face grew wider. She takes my hand. About 15 minutes later we left the doctors office. "Thanks for doing this with me Joni."

"No problem." I give her a hug.

"I'm going to be a mom." She says excited and she lays her hand on her still flat stumach.

"Ready to go see Kendall?" She nods. We go to the 6th floor and enter Kendall's room. We're already so used to this routine.

"Hey babe." Michele says to Kendall and kisses his lips. "I have some exciting news for you. I hope you wake up fast so I can tell you." She was holding his hand. A doctor comes in.

"Goodmorning ladies." He greets us with a smile. We smile back. He checks up on Kendall before speaking up again. "Mr. Schmidt is recovering fast. He could be wakeing up any moment." He writes something down on a clipboard and leave. Michele's smile couldn't be brighter.

"Told you everything would turn out fine." I'm so reliefed.

~3 hours later~

I hear quiet moans come from the bed and movement. Wait movement?! Kendall! Michele rushes over to him and grabs his hand. "Hi baby." She says softly. Kendall tries to smile.

"Hey." He whispers barely audible.

"God, I've missed you." She breaths out and falls into his arms. Tears pouring down her face. I press the nurse-button. A few minutes later a nurse came in.

"Yes?"

"He's awake." I say to her with a smile. She smiles back.

"I'll call a doctor." Another few minutes past as the doctor came in. Michele and Kendall part.

"It's good to see you awake Mr. Schmidt." The doctor did a few tests on him. "You're condition seems good. If it keeps that way you'll probably be able to leave the hospital tomorrow."

"That's great news."

"And there's more to come but I'll leave that up to your fiancée to tell you about that." He says smiling and leaves. Kendall gives Michele a questioning look.

"Yeah, but before she spills the joyful news, I want a hug from my best friend too." I whine. Kendall chuckles.

"Bring it in." He says opening his arms for me. I fall in them.

"I'm so glad you're okay." I whisper to him and release him from my grip. "So?" He asks getting inpatient. Michele sits down on the bed.

"Kendall I-I'm pregnant."

"What?!" Not really the reaction I was aiming for.

"I'm pregnant." She chokes out again, tears treathing to spill.

"As in, that-that I'm gonna be a...dad?" She nods slowly. He pulls her to him. "You make me the happiest man in the world." I hear him mumble which makes me smile. They connect lips.

"I'm...not...needed here." I slowly say backing up to the door. "I'll pick you up tomorrow." It was already getting dark outside when I came home. It's weird to be home alone in someone else's house.