Chapter Four

Its been about a week since my encounter with Mr. Toews. I decided not to tell Liv, or anyone for that matter, what happened at the park. It was a one time thing, I told myself. Besides, I doubt he would even recognize me if we did see each other again. I tried to make myself feel better as Liv and I walked back to our dorms from our communications class.

"Well that class blew" said Liv. As much as i love majoring in Communications and Marketing, she was so right. That class was about 3 hours long on my scedule, but 13 hours long in my mind.

"I know right? It's like they want us to quit school and become hobos" I said back. If i had to sit in a lecture hall again tomorrow, I might as well start begging on the street for food.

"Ugh, whatever. So have you ever been to a game at the madhouse? I mean I know you love the boys like I do but New York to Chicago is like 4 hours by plane."

"Nope never been" I said. "Hopefully soon though. Thats what i want to do. I want to work with the hawks in bhtv. I mean how sick would that be."

"You know, they do have internships with bhtv. I would apply for one but everyone knows im too god damn lazy" laughed Liv. I for one have seen first hand her laziness. She literally pays kids in our dorm room to go and get her coffee from the first floor. And that kid is usually me.

"Really? Oh my god i'm so applying. And then maybe i can set you up with Brandonnnn" I said as i winked at her. Liv had the biggest crush on Brandon Pirri, a 22 year old rookie for the hawks this year.

"Oh my god will you shut up!" exclaimed Liv. "But seriously though you better or else we're not friends anymore" she laughed.

3 days later

I sat super nervously in the waiting room, hoping my name would be called soon. Resume in hand, extensive hockey knowledge in my head, and my cutest boots on, I was ready. I just really needed to stop sweating before they-

"Sophie Patterson!" called a man who had just come from a closed door.

"Oh shit" I muttered to myself. Well it was now or never. Okay take deep breaths, fix your hair, and if worse comes to worse, just pretend to be Canadian. Hockey people love Candians.

The man, whose desk tag read Adam, motioned for me to sit in the chair in front of his desk.

"So Ms. Patterson, I have reviewed your resume and the Q & A you prevously recorded with my partner, and I must say that you are a pretty strong candidate for the job."

"REALLY?!? Oh god sorry...I uh...I mean that's great thank you" i stammered out with turning a lovely shade of red. 

Adam simply laughed at my discomfort. "So I am pleased to tell you that we will be offering you an internship with Blackhawks TV in our Communications department."

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME OMFJEBRH

"Wow that's amazing thank you so much!" I squeeled. Yea I do that sometimes.

"Haha no problem" Adam said and he stuck out his hand for me to shake. As I did, he said, "As congratulations, we want to give you two tickets for the game Saturday."

"Wow this is insane I can't wait." I happily said. This day is just getting better and better huh.

"Great so after the game, I'll goive you a pass to come down to my office past the lockeroom to sign some paperwork. I would give it to you today but my dog decided to play with my briefcase this morning."

"Understandable" I said.

After thanking Adam yet again, I left his office with the biggest smile plastered onto my face. Oh yea, this is gonna be fun. Working with the hawks, getting to go to games, maybe seeing Jonath- What is wrong with me. No thinking about him.

"Stupid" I whisper to myself as i face palm.