Church Girl

© All Rights Reserved

All characters, places, and events in this book are a figment of the authors imagination. Any resemblance to real life events are coincidental.

Any copying of this story is NOT permitted. That includes: ideas, names, thoughts, places, phrases, screenshots, pictures, rewording, writing, and making your own copy. No part of this publication may be reproduced distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means.

If any of these acts are done they are punishable by law.

All Rights Reserved to Wild_berries
It gets better so please continue after this chapter. ^_~

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Would you like to lead us in prayer Lily." I stood up smiling brightly.

Freeze

That girl that's about to stand in front of everyone and pray was me. Well who I used to be before my life turned to shit. Miserably, agonizingly, hell is what my life was. Let me tell you my boring story; it's quite short actually. The year is 1950 a couple years after I was born 18 years to be exact; I was born in 1932. To me those were the glory days my *keepers named me Lily. Lily Bell Foster. My life officially begun once I started Sunday school.

Unfreeze

Walking to the front as everyone gathered around scuffling about grabbing hands left and right. I took the hand of our Sunday school teacher and the right hand of a girl named Rose. I closed my eyes tightly to prevent them from flinging open as I lead the prayer. Hoping I didn't mess up because it really upsets our teacher.

"Our father" Lily started off as she squeezed her eyes harder trying to remember the rest of the prayer. As it dawned on her, her face lit up happily as she continued on "Who art in heaven how thy be thy name, by kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. " She opened her brown eyes signalling the end of prayer with an Amen.

"Look Lily" Rose said "I've gots a new dress" Rose twirled around on her sparkly shoes heel. Showing off the flowers on the back of her dress. She spun around once again for good measure before stopping a smile splitting her lips. "Mama says she got it cheap she said she ain't pay no shit, she got it for two dollars when the others were five. "

Lily frowned before replacing it with a beautiful smile remembering to say something nice.

"It's lovely Rose, quite lovely." She said as she reached over engulfing Rose's tiny hand into her own holding it as they started the very short, but long walk back to church.

"Hey Lily, your ma ever says that word? Shit." Lily thought back to things her mother said but nothing came to mind. There were times where her mother would say words that only grown ups could say. Never once in her five years has she heard that word. Shaking her head her blonde curls bounced around gracefully. Before falling back into place.

"Well, I like that word my ma says it a lot she says it to me, and when she's sad, or upset it sounds lovely don't you think... shit that is. " Rose said thoughtfully loving the word on her tongue. Enjoying the taste of her new favorite word. As she kicked a few pebbles down the path walk before them.

"Hmm...it is a lovely word, maybe I'll tell it to my ma and pa." she smiled brightly nodding her head as they continued to trudge down to the church. All she could think about was what good friends her; Lily Bell Foster and Rose Florence Wood would make.

For the first time ever she's going to say that lovely word that she just learned from her new found friend.

Shit

1950's Slang

Keepers-Parents