harm not love.

*trigger warning skip this chapter if you're easily triggered*

Scarlett's POV:
I woke up sweaty and scared. I checked the clock. 3:17 a.m.

You're such a whore, stringing them along. You know you don't deserve either. You're such an ugly good for nothing slut. You should kill yourself you little waste of space.

The voices hurt me. Ouch. I tried to push them to the back of my mind, but I knew in my heart that they were right. I do deserve to die. Who did I think I was, leading them on like this?

I unknowingly begin to walk to the kitchen. I walk past the couch expecting to see Josh, but then remember he sleeps in Tyler's room now.

I begin to quietly rummage through the drawers until my hand closes around a knife's blade.

I carry it to the bathroom and lock the door. I take a towel and place it under me. I bring my legs close to my chest and stare at my skin.

I remember the first time I cut. I was 14. My parents had been screaming at me. I can't even remember what it was for, but I knew it made me want to die.

I trace my finger along the scar which was extremely high up on my thigh. When I was younger, I was scared to cut at first, but then when I had noticed the pretty scar it made, I enjoyed it.

I hadn't cut in a long time, but suddenly there was nothing more that I wanted than to slice my skin open and watch the red liquid pour out of the incision I created.

I took my shorts off so I was just in my underwear and tossed them on the counter. I found the first cut I made when I was 14 and I took the knife and slowly traced it. I saw the dark blood begin to ooze out of me and I watched it, mesmerized.

Slice

It was pretty. It was fun.

I smile and take the knife lower on my thigh. This time, I make it a longer cut.

Slice

Tears stream down my face. I assume from happiness, because I can't feel any pain.

I lift my shirt slightly up as I make another cut right below my rib cage. That one felt good.

Slice

Quiet sobs escape my throat.

Suddenly, the doorknob jiggles.

My heart freezes.

He knocks on the door.

"I-I'm in here!" I try to say as happily as I can, but it turns out more like a cry.

"Scarlett? Are you ok?" he asks.

My throat tries to speak the words.

Yes. Yes I'm fine. Go back to sleep. I'm just using the restroom nothing is wrong.

But the wrong words escape me.

More like the wrong sounds escape me.

I start to cry. I try to stop but you know that feeling when you're crying and then when you try to stop you just start spazzing out with weird hiccup cries? Yeah that totally happened to me.

"Scarlett? Scarlett let me in."

The door knob jiggles some more.

I don't move but I continue to cry.

Suddenly, the door is kicked down.

I jump a little but then gasp when I see him standing there. He takes in his surroundings.

A blood soaked towel and shirt, my red stained legs, tears streaming down my face and a bloody knife.

He wordlessly went to the bathtub and ran some warm water. He took my shirt off for me so I was just in my bra and underwear and he carried me to the bathtub.

He slowly set me in and sat on the floor next to the tub. He started to sing a song softly and I quietly sang along.

I'm falling so I'm taking my time on my
I've been thinking too much
help me

We hadn't spoken a word except for the singing.

I got out of the tub and stumbled a little. I had lost a lot of blood and was kinda dizzy. He caught me. He went to his room and got me a clean shirt of his and he held up a towel in front of me while I changed.

Since all my other clothes were blood stained, he tossed them in the wash and I remained in nothing but my underwear and his shirt. I went back to my room and sat on my bed.

Tears started streaming down my face because I realized I wasn't clean anymore. He came in and got under the covers with me.

"I'm so sorry" I whispered.

"Why are you sorry?" he asked.

"Because I'm unclean"

He brought his hand up and turned it so I could see his wrist. When I look closely, I notice faint scars.

"We all have our demons" he says.

I smile and close my eyes.

Thank you Tyler.