EXTRA: Nicole's POV

A/n: Originally had Noah's POV here but I took it out as an extension for Nicole. Enjoy ! xx 

Chapter 1:

Nicole's POV

It's too hot. I'm fucking melting like the Wicked Witch of the West. There's too many people dining in the reception that I can barely feel the air-con blasting through in the back of the room. 

The group of us stand near our bags, waiting for the Guides to escort us to our rooms. It's a weird set-up; most of the time we're designated with our selected rooms. I guess Noah's dad wanted to be that extra.

Jesse groans beside me. "I'll be back."

"And where are you going?" Rachel asks, phone put aside.

"To see what the hell is taking so long," Jesse says.

Raven doesn't look up from his phone when he says, "Tracey said it'll take a while to get the Guides sorted out. Newbies, ya know?"

Great. Fucking great. 

Jesse marches to the front desk, and Noah and Raven groan in annoyance beside me. I hide my face behind my hands, whispering, "He's so embarrassing."

Noah chuckles. "He's your step-brother."

"Yeah, well, you can only ask for much when your mum remarries," I say, crossing my arms. 

It doesn't take long for Jesse to come sulking back to the group, red in the face, looking like his tail is tucked tight between his legs.  

"Helen had a go at you?" Rachel asks, concern lacing in her words. Poor girl needs to learn to rip him a new whole if she ever wants to see him grow up.

"Go look around, she says. They'll be here soon, she says. We've been here since nine. It's ten now. Does it look like I wanna look around? Huh? She's long overdue to work here."

Rachel rubs his shoulder. "Wanna get some food?"

Jesse relaxes. I shut my mouth tight. Utterly. Ridiculous.

Rachel looks at us and grins. "We should all get somethin' to eat. I'm thinking pizza."

In this weather? Hell no. So long as they have a large freezer to stick me into, then I'm inclined to go. And to walk out in the heat when there's an air-con in the room? It hurts me, dearly.

I aim my face towards the cool breeze, wishing it to be closer than where it's at. The people underneath it look like they're living in paradise; their hair continuously move with the strength of the air. One even has her face up, blonde hair shooting around her. 

Noah nudges me on the side. "You look distracted."

Behind me, Rachel, Jesse and Raven walk out in the heat, their luggage behind them. I take the time enjoying the goosebumps on my skin before preparing to leave.

"I thought I saw someone," I say, eventually, following the three up ahead to the side stores across the road.

"A girl?" he asks. I nod. He elbows me. "Get in there tiger."

I raise a brow. "Not like that."

He has the nerve to say that out loud, but we're too far away from the group for them to hear me. I'm glad for it; there's no explaining why I'm defensive over a comment that I'm not ready to answer.

I'm not feeling like pizza, and there's a Seven-Eleven around the corner. "I'll meet up with you guys later. I'm gonna suss out some slushies. Here." I pass Noah my luggage. "I'll buy you something if you can carry this for me."