The Light of Day [The Darkened Time Series Book 3] ~ 6

The Light of Day is brought to you by Ilovetoread72!

_________________________

Sorry, peoples. It's a little late, I know. But... I've been busy. With things like french. ETC. (J'ai mal a'la tete. Et toi?) But anyway, on with the chapter!

THIS EPISODE:

A world of silence!

And other stuff...

---/Gavin/VI/Gavin/---

I blink. Ever so slowly, the world comes back into view.

I find myself propped up against a solid brick wall.

I watch as that guy, the former Team Rocket member, lays his hands on a section of wall, pressing his hands all over it. He moves on to another section of wall, and I look at him quizically. What was he looking for?

He sighed.

Well, enough with watching him. I might as well get out of here. If he's going after Team Rocket, he's doing it too slowly.

I stand up, and stretch.

The slightest sound makes him spin around.

"Hey! You're awake!"

"What else?" I sigh, and walk towards the stairs... then take a pace back as my eyes widen.

"Whoa..." There goes that option. Wonder if he knew that already..?

"Yeah, nobody's gonna be using that staircase for a while now. I've been searching for the last hour or two for an exit, but..." He sighs.

Maybe he wasn't exactly dawdling...

"There's only this room and four others that you can access through here. All the others lead nowhere..."

Why, then, were all these trainers down here? I wonder, looking at the twenty or so trainers. They were only on one side, apparently not coming from the staircase.

I take in the entire room.

There were four doors to seperate rooms. That justifies maybe four trainers. The other sixteen, though, remain mysterious.

Other than the doors, the room was fancily decorated, yet simple. In the very middle, though, was something that stood out.

A golden statue.

A life-size pokemon, not one that I had ever seen before.

I walk up to it slowly, to read a plaque which was on the side of the statue.

It read, 'Let Arceus judge the pure of heart.'

I shook my head. ???

Then I noticed something else. Right beside the plaque was a small hole. Just the size one would put his finger in.

I shrug my shoulders, and stick my right index finger into the statue.

And stumble back as the entire thing starts to glow.

---/Kiriel/---

"What the-!"

I spin around, to see Gavin stumble back, as that gigantic statue starts to glow.

"What did you do!?" I shout.

"I don't... know!"

Then the entire statue disappears into the floor.

---/Gavin/---

I stare down into the hole, a spiral staircase illuminated by glowing lamps mounted on the wall.