viii. moments

viii. moments
     "this is the perfect place to talk."

xxx

"what are we going to do at suntrust?" yixing asked, pulling up into the empty parking lot. he turned to the smirking girl. "don't tell me we're gonna vandalise?"

     cheng xiu's smirk turns into a smile with a laugh, "well..." she dragged.

     "nope! we are not going to do that, there's security cameras everywhere." he shifts in his seat, looking worried, "we could get caught." he hushes.

     a scoff emitted from cheng xiu, "you worry too much, yixing. just follow my lead." she assures as she unbuckled her seat belt.

     "dear god, please don't let us go to jail." the boy mutters under his breath before exiting the car.

     his eyes widen as cheng xiu just walks up to the front door of the building, "cheng xiu!" he pulls the girl away from the door to the corner of the building, "we can't just waltz in there!" as he scolds the girl, he how close they were. yixing's hands on her shoulders with their faces just a couple of inches away from each other.

     "yixing, i said just follow my lead." she giggles, grabbing yixing's wrist she leads the boy into the building.

     the cold air inside the building swept through the duo's hair, cheng still held yixing's hand. the curious boy looks up and around the huge building, the sound of their sneakers squeaking on the white marble floor, the echoes of any small sound they made ran across the huge lobby. giant chandeliers hung above their heads and everything was dim, nothing but the small fluorescent lights just in the halls.

      "hey bo, we're taking the room upstairs." cheng xiu says to the security guard.

     "you do know you two should be doing that stuff in a hotel, not some—" both cheng xiu and yixing blushed a deep red.

     "n-no, that's not what we were going to do. get you mind out of the gutter, bo!" cheng xiu stammered over her words, "just gimme the keys!"

     bo laughs at the flustered couple, "yeah yeah, don't go crazy in there! remember that the ceo doesn't even know you do his!" he warns as the two walk into the elevator.

     cheng xiu sighs, looking down at her feet as the elevator ride them up to the twentieth floor.

      yixing looks around the elevator in awe from how cool this whole place
looked. he soon notices that cheng xiu was still holding his wrist, he wanted to say something but something inside him didn't want her to let go. taking a deep breath he wiggles his hand out of her grip, intertwining their fingers together.

     surprised at the sudden skin-ship, cheng xiu gulps to hide her nervousness. she had held hands with a bunch of people before, so why is yixing making her feel nervous?

     finally the elevator door opens to reveal and dim hall with only the moonlight shining through. cheng xiu walks out first, dragging yixing behind her.

     taking the key bo gave her, she unlocks the meeting room. it was also dark with only the moonlight lighting it up. peering through the glass walls of the room, it was just an average room with a huge brown table in the middle with a bunch of rolling chairs surrounding it.

     "here we are." the girl opens the door while the boy behind her closing the door.

     "why are we here?" yixing asks, putting his right hand (which was free) inside his pocket.