iii. help

iii. help
     "i need you to do a favor for me."

xxx

     "i need spray paint, fish, nair, a bar, saran wrap and vaseline." cheng xiu whispered to herself, writing quickly yet neatly on a pink post it note.

     grabbing her empty backpack, she pulled the strap over herself where the bag rested on her back.

     she looked at her phone one more time to see if yixing texted back, but it was still on seen. she didn't blame him though, when someone texts after a long time of no contact? it's weird.

     cheng xiu walked towards her bedroom window in the mist of opening it, she paused. she went over her game plan and hopefully yixing would help her.

     she finally opened the window. the crisp breeze hitting her as she climbed down her house with expertise. she had done this a million times before without making a sound.

     cheng xiu's black converse pattered silently against the concrete as she ran towards her former best friend's house.

     she made her way to his window, hesitantly guiding her hand to the handle of his window.

     "yixing?" she peered into the dark room.

     with a squint, she could at least make out where his bed was. opening his window, it let out a small squeak.

     completely forgetting that his desk was right in front of the window, she tripped over his desk chair, emitting a light shriek and a thud on the floor.

     the noise she made clearly woke yixing up. the boy sat up on his bed, rubbing his eyes to see the commotion.

     "crap." cheng xiu whispered to herself before getting up.

     "who's there?" yixing asked groggily, still rubbing his eyes.

     after blinking his eyes a couple times, his eyes fell upon a familiar girl. he instantly knew who it was, who else would be inside his room at this time?

     "cheng xiu?" his eyes were now wide with no trace of fatigue left.

     cheng xiu quickly shushed him, approaching his bed and sitting on it.

     the two stared at each other for a minute, admiring each other's faces and how they changed over the years.

     the boy gulped, clearing his throat. "um... w-what a-are you doing h-here?" yixing stammered over his words.

     "didn't you get my text?" cheng xiu questioned, with pleasing eyes that yixing couldn't resist.

     he nodded, "i-i did, i just–just thought that it wasn't for me."

     "of course it was for you, if it wasn't then i wouldn't have texted you." the girl answered, whipping out her phone and showing the text.

     reading the text again, yixing blushes lightly as he saw his contact name with smiley face emoji with blushing cheeks.

     "o-okay... then why did you need to meet me?" his nervousness was visible.

     "i need you to do a favor for me."