ii. interactions

ii. interactions
"i'm sorry, yixing."

xxx

"don't you ever go out on the weekends?" a classmate, hong xian asked him.

he shook his head, ignoring the fact that an actual person is talking to him that wasn't for a reason. just by pure boredom.

the noun 'classmate' was and is the only thing that differentiates hong xian from being a complete stranger. but he wasn't a stranger to cheng xiu, not to mention that they are currently dating.

"please stop talking and continue studying, after school study session will end quickly if you just shut up." yixing snapped at the male.

"geez, no wonder why you have no friends." hong xian stood up and switched seats.

yixing watched as the classmate walks to a familiar someone. the classmate whispers something into the girl's ear, causing her to look up. his eyes widen as cheng xiu's eyes stares him down.

becoming flustered, he quickly looked down at his paper. he hoped that she wouldn't come his way, but the sound of a chair dragging against the floor with light foot steps came closer to him was a sign that she was coming.

yixing bit his lip, trying to focus on memorizing the book their teacher had given them, but his former, beautiful best friend was right in front of him. her familiar presence and scent was all too nostalgic for him. his reading was constantly getting interrupted by her even if she wasn't doing anything.

every few sentences he reads, he looked up at her. and when he did that, she would still have her face inside the book with her black bangs covering her eyes.

he established the first unified, centralized, multi-ethnic state in chinese history, under the qin dynasty in 221 - 207 b.c. the first emperor was called shi huang di, also known as qin shi huang. he looked up at the girl, she still hasn't notice.

"students!" the teacher thundered across the room. "the voluntary after school study session is now over, you may go home."

all the students sigh in relief and packed their things up before saying goodbye to our teacher.

"goodbye, mr. wang." yixing bowed before leaving them room.

curious, the dark haired boy looked behind him to try and share a glance with cheng xiu.

he halted in the middle of the hallway, a small grunt was heard from
behind him as someone bumped into him.

"ah, sorry—" yixing started as he turned around.

he silently gasped and backed away slightly as he meets eyes with a girl.

"i should've watched where i was going. i'm sorry, yixing." cheng xiu bowed a little before brushing shoulders with him as she walked away.

yixing stood there dumbfounded. he was shocked and surprised, cheng xiu finally talked to him after eight years of not talking to each other.

he also finally got to hear her say his name once again.

his shocked face slowly turned into a smile as he stood still as all the students had already left.

"yixing?" mr. wang called.

"yes, mr. wang?" he snapped out of his thoughts and faced the teacher.

"go home already and stop standing there." mr. wang commanded.

yixing bowed, "yes, sir." he quickly walked away with a smile on his face.

maybe yixing and cheng xiu's friendship will finally be restored.

xxx

"you seem to be in a happy mood today." yixing's mother spoke, breaking the silence that fell between the family.

yixing's father looked at his son curiously as he continued to eat.

"is there something wrong with me being happy?" the boy questioned.

"well, you are a lot more... depressed these days. i'm just happy to see you happy." she acknowledged with a smile.

depressed. he grimaced at the word he hated the most. ever since cheng xiu and yixing parted ways, he acted a bit down but he always denied that he was depressed. when widespread apathy was among him, he denied it. when he had constant guilty thoughts he had almost every night, he denied it. the main reason he denied being depressed is that one girl made him like this. he didn't want to be mad at her nor did he wanted to away from her. the anti-depressants his doctor gave him didn't work and he doesn't take them anymore. only one person could've cured his 'depressed' state, it was her. but yixing knew he was getting better, little by little, cheng xiu's little interactions with him was enough to get him smiling again at the least.

rolling his eyes, the raven haired boy placed his chopsticks down. yixing excused himself from the table, he walked back into his room making sure to stomp a little on each step with a slam of his bedroom door as he entered.

why am i like this over one girl? he thought, resting his hands on top of his head.

yixing's depression wasn't the only thing he denied often, his small crush on cheng xiu as a kid slowly grew and grew as yixing himself grew up. he scoffed at his idiocy.

his outdated phone lit up from his bedside table. yixing's eyes widen in shock since it's the rare occasion someone texted or called him that wasn't his parents.

grabbing his phone, he stared at the message.

from: cheng xiu
i'm swinging by your house around one in the morning, don't fall asleep!
sent at 7:37 pm

yixing's adam's apple bobbed up and down as he gulped in a mix of nervousness and shock.

"crap." he whispered to himself as he opened the text message already.

the boy placed his sweaty, shaken hands on the keyboard of his phone. he hesitates as he was about to type in, 'i think you just texted the wrong number'.

yixing shakes his head and turns off his phone.

"she probably just texted the wrong number." he whispered to himself, "yeah, she wouldn't have my number anymore."

he places the gadget back on his bedside table, taking one last look at it before walking to his bathroom.

xxx

chapters will be short, around
a thousand words by the last
two chapters only had
six or seven hundred words