iv. shopping

iv. shopping
     "get in, we're going shopping."

xxx

     "let's go." cheng xiu jumped up from yixing's bed and raced towards his window.

"we're going down from the roof?" yixing asked with a hesitant look.

     the girl scoffs, "obviously? how else are we going to get there?"

     "um, by going through the house instead?"

     "and what? get caught by your parents if make a sound? plus it's faster since your mom's car is in the drive way." cheng xiu acknowledged, climbing through the opening, followed by yixing.

     the two landed on the ground with a thud. cheng xiu opened the drivers side for yixing, "get in, we're going shopping." she chuckled with a smirk.

     yixing couldn't help but laugh and follow what she had said. oh how he missed these moments with cheng xiu. the late night adventures with just their bikes, going around the town.

     cheng xiu ran to the other side of the car, checking the time in her phone it was specifically 1:23 in the morning.

     yixing started the engine, which was louder than expected. wincing at the sound, he hoped that his parents didn't wake up.

     next thing they knew was cheng xiu's first part of the mission was complete by getting out of the neighborhood.

pulling up to the nearly deserted parking lot, with only a few cars here and there. yixing and cheng xiu walk through the twenty-four hour store acting as normal as possible.

nodding slightly to the store greeter, cheng xiu broke into a sprint towards to the fish section. picking up one of the biggest fishes there, she placed it in the basket yixing grabbed on the way. she had also added in three smaller fishes as well.

     yixing followed cheng xiu through the aisles nonchalantly. he held the basket out as she speedily dropped the items inside the basket without hesitating or even making sure if it was the right item.

     "last thing is," the dark-haired girl starts, "is the spray paint."

     "it's over there." yixing stated as he pointed the way towards the aisle.

     the two walked side by side towards the aisle. gasping, cheng xiu hastily grabs an airhorn.

     "dude, we should get this!"

     the raven-haired boy takes the airhorn out of her hand, "if it's for your 'revenge plots' it's not gonna work, it's too loud, we're gonna get caught."

     the girl pouts and takes the airhorn from him, "aw, too bad. cause i was gonna do this anyway." setting her finger on top of the airhorn, she presses hard. the pressure from the airhorn releases, creating a loud obnoxious sound.

     "cheng xiu!" yixing exclaims. grabbing the airhorn with such force, their bodies collided.

     cheng xiu's tall, slender body was leaning against the boxes of airhorns at the end of the aisle. yixing's hand was above cheng xiu, his hand was still holding onto the airhorn above her. their faces were close and they were staring into each other's eyes. the eyes that they haven't seen for so long, yet it was familiar to them.

     a weird feeling crept up in cheng xiu's stomach, that she hadn't felt in a while. the last time she did was when she met yixing, and not when she had gotten her first boyfriend. shaking the thought out of her head, a smirk appeared on her lips.

     "c'mon yixing!" she exclaimed, causing yixing the back up a bit. "your like an old man, you gotta live a little!"

     yixing scoffs and imitates cheng xiu, "c'mon cheng xiu! i do live life."

     "how, by just sitting around?"

     "no."

     the girl slips her hands into her pockets, "okay, then what do you plan in the future?"

     "i'm currently studying to get into a good medical school." he answered.

     cheng xiu's mouth gaped, "seriously? what ever happened to your dream about being singer, or dancer or making music you always had as a kid?"

     yixing sighs, "that's in the past, cheng xiu. i was just being a delusional kid that thinks he has talent. What about you?"

     "nothing, i just want to explore the world and live life to the fullest." she answers. "and you should too."

     "i already am."

     "not by doing this. i know you zhang yixing and this is not you. what ever happens to the optimistic person i met?"

     "i grew up, that's what happened. now grab the spray paint so we could pay already." he grumbled.

     cheng xiu's smile quickly disappeared as she turns towards the spray paint, grabbing a black one and a purple one. setting it in the basket, the two walk to the cash register.

     the cashier gave them a strange look as the items moved closer to the scanner.

     "it's for a very last minute science project." yixing answered with a smile.

     finally leaving the store, cheng xiu dropped all the items besides the fish in her backpack. zipping it closed she places it next to her as she waits for yixing to get in the car.

     starting the engine, he places his hands on the wheel before asking, "so who first?"

     "shao qing's house." she answered with a smirk, "there we can hit two birds with one stone."

"then who?"

"mei fen's house, then xing juan."

     "let's go?"

xxx

the fun part
is starting