21 | The Greatest Adventure Journal

Dragon Ball © Toriyama Akira, Shuheisha, Inc

The white lilies were floating away on the lake as if they were making their way to the bridge of life and death

The white lilies were floating away on the lake as if they were making their way to the bridge of life and death. Watching Tenten from the corner of his eyes, he did see sadness but she didn't cry. It had been a while since he saw her being emotional ever since she caged them down in the place he could never reach.

Sometimes he wished she could just scream or cry, letting everything out.

"We're done, Trunks. Let's head to my house first. I want to show you something," she said.

The first thing Trunks saw the moment he entered the house was an old book with a very bad "Goten's Greatest Adventure Journal" handwriting on the living room. Trunks chuckled at it. Goten couldn't even write his own name with the right kanji. It seemed that Tenten took it out recently because it wasn't there the last time he came.

"Yeah, that's the thing I want to show you."

"Can I see it?" Trunks asked.

"Go ahead," Tenten said. "I'll make us some tea first."

Trunks flipped the cover, immediately chortled, and muttered "Bastard," at Goten's funny drawing three of them with Goten on the center, having an 'I'm the main hero in this book' and 'We're his slaves' pointing at both him and Tenten. The book contained the discoveries and adventures they did as a kid. When Tenten was back with a tray of tea, Trunks shifted a bit to give a room for her to sit on his side.

"I never know he wrote everything down in here..." Trunks muttered with a mix of sadness and happiness interlacing his tone.

"Neither did I. He did it when he was alone. I found it in our old treehouse, hidden below the wood floor." Tenten flipped the page, smiling at the photo where they did some treasure hunting in the sea and a megalodon photobombed them. She remembered that Gohan was screaming when he took the photo and punched the shark away before it managed to bite their arses.

They flipped the page while reminiscing the days until they reached the blank page. Tenten hovered her palm over the brown paper while biting her bottom lip. The last one was their trip to the Crocodile Island to see if banana-headed crocodile truly existed, and it was only a week before Goten passed away.