04 | The Return of Son Goku

Dragon Ball © Toriyama Akira, Shuheisha, Inc

The waiting for Goku's arrival became less awkward thanks to Bulma

The waiting for Goku's arrival became less awkward thanks to Bulma. Though they had softened up for general conversation, the invisible barrier was still there. The distrust was still thick in the air and Tien Shinhan obviously still watched the two teens' movements.

For each of them, the event that had transpired that day was still hard to be processed. Who would've thought that on such a casual day, Frieza would come to the Earth? Then immediately slaughtered by two other Saiyans they never knew existed, and then the news of Goku's arrival.

A small beep that came from the boy's wristwatch alerted them. He rose to his feet and said, "He should arrive any moment now," as he helped his female companion up.

True to his word, a loud whistling noise broke the silence. They turned their heads in the direction where a trail of light penetrated through the atmosphere, carrying a familiar Ki they all recognised—Goku's Ki. Gohan exuberantly announced that it was indeed his father without any doubt. The ground shook as he spoke, mild enough so no one fell from the impact. Together, they raced in the same direction where the spaceship possibly landed.

A small pod landed exactly in the coordinate the teenagers mentioned. Its impact created a large crater around it. They were all tensed the moment the pod's door gaped open; emerging from it was the spiky black-haired man, clad in an unfamiliar set of clothes. Nothing about his physical feature had changed the last time they saw him.

Son Goku looked exactly as if he just left a day before.

Eyes gleamed with excitement, Gohan cheered for his father's return, soon followed by the others. Hiding far behind, the two teenagers were smiling at the sight of Son Goku. The girl clasped her trembling hands together in front of her lips, trying her best to hold her excitement down. Noticing this, the boy slung his arm around her shoulder and lightly massaged it.

On the other hand, Goku was surprised to see them waiting in the exact place of his departure. Floating in the air, he questioningly glanced at them. "What are you guys doing here? How'd you know that I'm gonna be here?"