34 | The Separation

Dragon Ball © Akira Toriyama, Shuheisha, Inc

The moment he came out from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Tenten had noticed that Trunks' surging Ki had surpassed his father's and that he had the chance to beat Cell in his semi-perfect form

The moment he came out from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Tenten had noticed that Trunks' surging Ki had surpassed his father's and that he had the chance to beat Cell in his semi-perfect form. She was estimating Cell's Ki if he ever reached his perfect form and the reality surpassed her expectation.

Trunks' new transformation had granted him a huge amount of power but due to the muscle mass addition, he sacrificed his speed and disabled him from landing any hit on Cell. The realisation struck him like lightning; it was the very reason why his father didn't take his transformation that far. His fighting spirit subsided when Cell showed him that he was very capable of reaching the same state of transformation. Realising that he was incapable of defeating Cell, Trunks' pride as a warrior was tarnished and he released his form, landing not far from Cell.

The moment she sensed Trunks' Ki drastically shrunk while Cell's remained huge, Tenten immediately leapt towards the sky and dashed into his place. Her chest was tightened and her mind was clouded with fear. Her heart was thudding wildly when the images of Gohan and Goten's death flashed inside her mind. The sight of him still standing on his feet relieved her until...

"I have no chance now... just kill me..." was the first thing she heard the moment she arrived.

For a moment, she couldn't think of anything. She couldn't even tell what was going on, who was the green creature before her. Her worry had evolved into something else and that was... rage.

"T-Tenten..."

"Hmm, worrying about your lover, huh? How perfect!" Cell brandished his hand towards Trunks. "Must be my lucky day to be able to see your face when I kill him right before your eyes... for the second time." Her breathing started to hitch as if it was so hard to gain oxygen that her body was also shaking so hard. "So helpless, powerless, and hopeless."

Her vision was once again darkened. She didn't even know whether she was standing or she had lost her footing because she felt like she was sucked to the ground. Trunks' voice was so faint that she didn't know whether she imagined it or he called her for real.