Eight

faint knocking could be heard on the front door, but the man inside didnt get up to check who it was. "Reaper Sutcliff, answer the door. i know youre inside." the monotoned voice says after knocking more that enough times. Grell realized who it was and wanted to hide in a corner even MORE at that, but somehow Grell's body was acting on its own and he found himself at the door. "what...." Grell said, not bothering to open the door. "Ronald Knox told me you left work. i came to see why you just decided to take your own time off." William said. "now, will you let me in so we can discuss this better?" he continues. "no..." Grell says. "Grell, this isnt because of what happened at the office, is it?" William asks. William hears nothing on the other side. He stiffens a little when he hears the sniffle of what must be a crying man trying to stop the tears and whatnot. "Grell, open this door." William orders. "no..." Grell mumbles again. "my makeup is ruined..." he continues. William lets out a frustrated sigh.

"Grell, please open this door." he says in a calm, soothing voice he had never used before. suddenly, there is the sound of a lock being undone and the door opens just a sliver. "Grell, open it." William says. Grell opens the door more, but his head is facing the ground, his messy hair covering his face. "look at me." William says. Grell shakes his head 'no', but William wouldnt accept that. he gently puts his hand under the chin of the terrible looking shinigami and lifts it up. William felt terrible at what he saw because he knew it was all his fault. "dont look at me." the redhead says, pulling his head away. William steps inside and goes straight into the bathroom for a warm, wet washcloth. he comes back into the (of course) scarlet living room and sees Grell laying face down on the black sofa. the brunet sighs again. 

"Grell, please sit up so i can clean your face from all the tears and smeared makeup." he says. Grell hesitently sits up and faces his boss. William carefully wipes his colleague's face until there was no makeup left. "there. much better. even better without the makeup. i knew it." William says. the redhead gasps a little bit at what he had said. "you liar. you never gave a damn about my looks." Grell says, tears once again filling his eyes. "Grell, dont start crying again. please." William says. "why the hell are you here? so you can yell at me for leaving work? just what i need." Grell says, standing up off the couch. "i came to know why you left. and i am not here to yell. now, answer me. did you leave because of what happened?" William asks. "what do you care? just forget it!" Grell snaps. "i wont forget it because i care about you, Grell Sutcliff!" William yells. "no you dont!" the fiery haired man yells back. "if i didnt care, would i do this?!?!" William yells in a way he has never been heard before. just after saying that, the unthinkable happened.

William had locked his lips tightly to Grell's trembling ones. after getting over the shock, the redhead soon melts into the kiss. the red sleeved arms of Grell wrap around the slightly taller man's neck and William's arms rest on Grell's waist.

(AUTHORS NOTE: HEY GUYS I WAS PLANNING ON CONTINUING THIS CHAPTER, BUT ITS MIDNIGHT AND MY MOM IS FORCING ME TO GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND I REALLY DONT FEEL LIKE TYPING ON MY IPOD...SORRY...BUT HEY, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! THANKS FOR READING! LUV YALL!!!)