Chapter 13- I Was Shot

(CHRIS’ POV)

I sped to Kyle’s house to see if he had taken Audri there. The door was unlocked so I just walked in. I looked in the living room and saw a woman passed out on the couch, so I snuck up the stairs and looked for a room that could’ve been Kyle’s room.

Obviously Audri wasn’t there, so I searched for anything that could’ve led me to where she was.

I figured that a room I entered had to be Kyle’s room when I saw nothing but posters of naked women on the wall. I roamed around looking through dressers and folders. I was getting more and more anxious. The more time I wasted the more Audri could be hurt. I looked on the table beside his bed and saw his cell phone. There was a sticky notepad right under it, so I picked it up and saw an address written on it. It also had todays date and the time written on it, so I figured that was where he had to be. I pulled out my newly bought GPS system and tracked where the address was located. It was only fifteen minutes away from where Kyle’s house was.

I snuck out his house so the lady wouldn’t hear me, and hopped in my car to follow the GPS’s guiding. My thoughts kept running wild, and I was wondering what Kyle could be doing with Audri. I had never seen him before. All I knew was that he was a blonde white guy that loved to abuse his girlfriends. And, from that alone, I didn’t like him at all.

I was driving in the city until I hit this dirt road, and saw nothing but forests. I reached the place I was supposed to be and was expecting a house, but saw a wood cabin. The estate was for vacation cabins.

I made sure I didn’t make any noise when I walked onto the porch. I looked through the window and saw Audri sitting in a chair tied up. A guy was walking around talking, and another guy was holding a woman so she wouldn’t move. There was another guy that had to be in his teen years, sitting on a big box. I saw another woman there, but her back was facing the window, so I couldn’t see who it was.

“I didn’t know there was a party,” I said to myself.

I went around to the back, and saw the door was open. I moved as quietly as I could and went inside. I was in a room that looked like it was supposed to be a kitchen, but there were boxes everywhere. I knew if I walked through another door then I would be in where everyone else was, so I just put my ear to the door to listen to what was happening before I made any moves. I could hear them talking, so I decided to listen.

“So what are we gonna do,” one of the guys said.

“I don’t know, but we have to move quick. I can’t believe you Kyle. Why would you let Audri talk to her boyfriend?” the other guy said, “He’s gonna call the police and they’ll be on our ass so fast.”

“But he doesn’t even know where we are,” a girl said.

Her voice sounded familiar and after thinking for a while, I realized it was Shantel! I don’t know how she found Audri or what she had to do with any of this, but I was gonna put a stop to it.

“Imma go to the back to get the stuff,” one of the guys said.

He was coming to where I was. I was nervous and didn’t know what to do, so I hid behind a box and waited for him to pass by. I realized it was the biggest guy. Once he walked through the door, I hit him upside his head with a glass vase and he was knocked out cold. No one heard him fall, surprisingly.

I finally decided to walk in where everyone else was. I put the vase down and picked up a baseball bat that was on a box. I walked in, and no one noticed me except Audri who was the only one facing me in the chair tied up. I held my finger to my lips reminding her to be quiet as I moved to the other guy. With one strike he was knocked out cold.

“Chris!” Audri yelled, “Look behind you!”

I turned around and saw the blonde guy trying to swing at me so I duck and threw the bat down. We were physically fighting, and at first he was beating me until I found a way to put him in a headlock.

“Let me go man,” the guy yelled tugging at my arms.

“Who are you?” I yelled while holding tighter around his neck.

“I’m Kyle!”

I thought for a second. He looked like a little high school kid. Even though he was almost as tall as me, you could still tell he was young.

“And Shantel what the fuck are you doing here. How’d you find Audri?” I yelled.

I looked up from Kyle and saw Shantel had a knife to Audri’s neck.

“Chris. Why did you do this to me? We were in love, until this bitch came into your life,” she pulled Audri’s hair back.

“It’s not my fault what you did to me! We could’ve been together, but you went and cheated on me. Did you forget that?” I was still struggling with Kyle trying to get free, but my grip was too strong.

“What is this…revenge of the exes?” I heard Audri say.

Kyle got loose from my lock and ran over to the guy that was knocked out. He took something out of his pocket, and I realized it was a gun. He pointed it at me.

“KYLE!” Audri screamed, “STOP!”

I saw another lady in the corner. She looked like she was in her mid-thirties. I turned to Audri who was still being held by Shantel with the knife then turned to Kyle.

“Kyle, don’t,” I had my hands up trying to compromise with him.

“Don’t tell me what to do!” Kyle said to me, “You took the only thing that mattered to me in my life!”

“No, you gave her up. It’s your fault why she left you, so don’t blame me,” I said.

“SHUT UP...I’m runnin this show now!” he looked at Shantel, “Take Audri’s mom to the back and tie her up. Make sure she can’t get out. I have a plan.”

Shantel did exactly what he said without questioning. I guess all she really wanted was a guy to tell her what to do.

She took the knife from Audri’s neck and walked over Audri’s mom who was scared to make any moves.

Kyle watched Shantel as they walked to the back and that’s when I made a move. I tried to reach for the gun. He noticed what I was doing and made sure I didn’t get a grip. We started wrestling over it, and eventually both of us had our hands on it.

I could hear him trying to say something under his breath, but I couldn’t understand what he was saying.

“Let GO!” I yelled.

“No,” he was really strong.

We were both fighting for the gun; scared for who would actually get control of it. But, we were also fighting for Audri who was still sitting in the chair frightened and watching us.

“So, tell me…Chris. How does it feel…fucking a…little girl? Must be nice, eh?” Kyle said still trying to take the gun from me.

“What…the hell…are you talking about?” I was losing my grip.

“So…you don’t know?” I could tell he was talking to me to so I would get distracted.

“Kyle shut up!” Audri said.

“No, no, no Audri. I think your boyfriend…should know that you’re only…sixteen!” Kyle said.

I lost my grip of the gun from Kyle to face Audri, “What?”

POW!

I was shot.