Chapter 12- I Saw A Tear Fall From Her Eyes

(CHRIS’ POV)

I looked at my watch and it read 10:40. I pulled into the driveway of Audri’s friend Alexis house and stepped out of the car. I knew I was a little late, but I wanted to give Audri some time to make sure she was making the right move. I wanted to be with her, so making her choose between her life in Atlanta and our love was the only thing I could do. I couldn’t give up my music career; that was no option. I knew I was being selfish, but I really felt like this relationship could go somewhere.

I knocked on the door and her friend answered.

“Hi um…” she looked at me and a huge smile came across her face until she finally screamed.

“Who is it?” a voice asked from inside.

Another girl came to the door and screamed too.

“You’re Chris Brown!” the blonde girl said and took a picture with her phone.

“Yes, um I’m here to pick up Audriana. She told me to meet her here. You’re Alexis right?” I asked.

“I am,” the brown-skinned girl with the long hair said, “But, I thought she left with you about fifteen minutes ago.”

I was confused, “What?”

“Someone beeped a horn, and Audri left with them,” Alexis said.

“That wasn’t me,” I was starting to get worried.

“Well who was that she left with?” Lena asked.

“I don’t know, but can I use your phone?” I asked one of them.

“Yeah,” Alexis handed me her cell phone.

I called Audriana right away.

“Hello?” a voice said.

“Hey Audri…Where are you? Your friend said you left with someone, but I thought you were coming with me,” I was getting worried.

“This isn’t Audri. This is Kyle,” a voice said on her phone.

“Let me speak to Audri,” I demanded.

I knew how dangerous Kyle was to her.

“I’m sorry, I can’t let you do that. She’s mine, so get over it and never call here again!”

I had an angry tone in my voice, “Where is she?”

“She got herself in a little trouble. And, now she has to pay,” he replied.

I yelled, “DON’T TOUCH HER!”

He continued, “You can’t tell me what not to do to her. You’re just the rebound guy. She’s still in love with me, and now we’re going to be together…forever,”

I heard Audri scream in the background and at that point I knew she was helpless.

“Please don’t hurt her. Can I at least talk to her?” I was now begging.

“Here she is,” he gave the phone to Audri.

She was crying, “CHRIS? BABY!”

“Audri! Where are you?” I was pacing back and forth in Alexis’ house while her friends were staring at me talking.

“I don’t know,” she yelled, “Kyle just took me, and now we’re driving somewhere.”

“I can’t believe this! Why does he keep doing this to you?” I asked.

“I don’t know,” she was crying even more now, “I just want to be with you, Chris. He won’t let me go. Please help me!”

My mind thought of the worst things he could’ve done to her. I tried not to, but I started crying too “Baby, I can’t. I don’t know where you are.”