Chapter 7- Better In The Morning

(CHRIS’ POV)

When I left for California I thought it would be easy to be without Audriana, but every day I missed her, and every day I wanted to be with her. After one week, I began calling her about twice a day, knowing she had to work. I couldn’t take it anymore, so I called my friend over to help me take my mind off of her.

There was a knock at the door

“Who is it?” I asked.

“It’s me,” the guy on the other side of the door said.

I opened it and saw my friend Michael (Tyga), “Hey what’s up man.”

He came in, “Nuthin much. I got a few days off from the tour, and I just wanted to relax.”

We sat in my living room and I turned on my Xbox so we could play Madden 12.

“So how was Atlanta?” he asked me.

I was winning the game so far, “It was great. But, I got even bigger problems.”

“What?” he asked.

“I met this girl there,” I started.

“Don’t tell me she pregnant man,” he said.

“No, no, no. She’s not. It’s just that I really like her; like really.”

“How long were you there… a month right? How do you know fa sure u really like the girl?”

I paused the game and looked at him, “Because I can’t stop thinking about her. It’s like all I want to do is be around her.”

He looked at me for a moment then laughed, “You sprung man. I bet she don’t even look that good.”

I took out my phone and showed him a picture of her, “So this doesn’t look good?”

He stared at the picture, “Damn Chris. Okay, she is sexy.”

“I know right.” I took my phone back.

“So did you hit that?” he joked.

“Yeah, but only once,” I was serious, “But, I don’t really care about sex with her. I just want to be with her.”

“So does this mean you’re going to move to ATL?” he asked.

I started the game again, “Man, that’s the problem. My life is here in Cali, but her life is there in Atlanta. And, I know I can’t leave my career, so maybe I should just ask her to move with me.”

“You only knew her for a month and you’re already talking about her moving in,” he asked.

“You don’t get it,” I said.

“You right I don’t, cuz I would never let a girl tie me down. You too young for that,” he said.

“It’s not like I was talking about marriage. I just want a relationship; a good one.”

“Have you asked her to move in with you then?” he asked me.

“No. She doesn’t even know I’m a real singer.”

“That’s shocking. Is she from another country or something cuz I honestly don’t know a girl that doesn’t know who Chris Brown is,” he teased.

I wasn’t even paying attention to the game, “No. she doesn’t really like R&B or rap music.”

“You sure she’s even black?” he laughed.

“Yes,” I made a -___- face.

“Well…now she won’t just use you like all them otha hoes do. She think you’re a regula guy.”